Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2018-- A long week

Picture Source

Stress is the name of the game around here. I missed out on writing my "Happy Homemaker Monday" post on Monday. Too much stress. We had a situation late last week that rocked me to the core which I don't really want to go into here...however it really threw me for a loop. Then this week the baby that I babysit was really being cranky and crying all the time unless I was holding her. Today I reached my breaking point and texted her mom to let her know what was going on. Bill wants me to stop watching her because of the stress it is causing me. I have been telling her every so often but it got much worse today and the mom seemed surprised. Not sure what is going to happen there. I don't know. Life is just spiraling right now and it is just so stressful. There are times that it seems like the only thing that I have control over is my commitment to exercise to the Jillian Michael's dvd. So far I have kept it up...after I type this up I am going to be doing day 16!   

Okay, let's see what the scale said this week::


Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 238.8
My weight this week: 239.0
Weight loss from last week: +0.2 pounds!! 
Total weight loss for 2018: -2.0 pounds! 

Not that much of a gain, but no loss. It is okay. I haven't really been focusing on eating well. Too much stress. I don't know. 




On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

Well since I last posted a Weigh In Wednesday post, I did the following walks:

April 6-- 3.03 mile walk at Kokosing Gap Trail
April 8-- 0.88 hike at Indianfield Bluffs Trail
April 11-- 1.05 mile walk to and from kids' school

So that means I am now at 23 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! I have to figure out how to get some more walks in.





I also have continued with the Jillian Michaels "Beginner Shred" DVD. I am currently on day #16. This is in the middle of workout #2 which is a lot of lunges and is honestly horrible. I HATE lunges. However, I am doing this. It is hard but I am doing it. I tried exercising first thing in the morning and it was awful. I just can't do it. I feel like I am getting stronger. My brother stopped over this evening and both he and his girlfriend said that I look smaller overall. I don't see it, however I feel more toned.  

If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?

6 comments:

  1. I'm struggling to loose weight too. The more stressed in am the harder it is to shift. And I'm stressed to the max right now. Ha. I am lucky to have a gym at work that provides trainers for us free of charge so I try to go every lunch time. It would never happen any other time of the day. I too hate to exercise in the mornings and evenings just will never happen time wise. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Sounds like you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. That is awesome that you were able to go to the gym during work. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you are not in a good place, stress wise. I know first hand the impact that stress has on one's health. It sounds like you need to stop watching the baby. I am at the point in my life that anything that doesn't add value or worse adds stress to my life, is something I need to let go. I encourage you to reach out to a good friend/family and go on a walk at one of the many parks/trails you've posted about. The next 2 days are promising to bring warm weather-get out, clear you mind and bend a good listener's ear that you trust. ((Rachel)) IME, just talking about a situation helps me to solidify my next step, decision wise. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of advice. Today was a better day. I was able to get a good 2 mile walk in with my husband and hoping to have a better day tomorrow as well. Today I was extremely busy with Battle of the Books competition so I haven't had a chance to really think about it and I noticed a difference. Again, thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  3. I have lost100 pound over many years and gained back about fifteen and still need to lose more (major depression equalled eating on an already chubby bod post husbands death(. No expert but....gains will happen. I firmly believe that sometimes we just have to eat healthy and exercise and stop trying for awhile. If it matters, I now count carbs, not calories.

    On the other front, I am a former family day care provider . Of the baby is stressing you out, it may be time to let it go. Baby stresses you, baby feels your stress, it a circle. Maybe mom is holding all the time at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that that is my problem. I am focused so much on the numbers. I think that I am going to start carb cycling again next week as I know the carbs is a major factor in my weight. As for the baby, I think you hit the nail on the head with the cycle comment. Yes Mom is holding all the time at home.

      Delete