Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday and Happy Birthday Ben! (April 2, 2018)

Happy April 2nd everyone! Today is a special day in our household as today is Benjamin's 6th birthday! He is our Star Wars and Thomas the Train loving, very opinionated, always laughing and being silly kiddo. I can't believe he is 6 already. Seems like just yesterday he was born! 



Today is also my kiddos' last day of Spring Break. We just kind of hung out around here this morning. The kids played with their toys and watched some TV. I worked on some laundry and exercised. Then it was off to McDonald's for the birthday boy's lunch request. We had a small party for him on Saturday so today is just being kept low key. After all, it is a Monday and we are trying to get geared up to get back into routines of work and school tomorrow. 

So for now, let's join in with the lovely Sandra over at 
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and her "Happy Homemaker Monday" series.


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
I had a banana and a Reese's egg

On the to do list::::
Today: Laundry, fill out some paperwork that is coming due, Ben to McDonalds for lunch, exercise, pack backpacks for tomorrow, Ben to speech, Jacob football practice
Tuesday: kids to school, Board of DD appointment, Babysit A, Battle of the Books meeting, Rebecca has AHG, exercise
Wednesday: kids to school, exercise, Babysit A 
Thursday: kids to school, Battle of the Books practice, grocery store, tutor N and S and N, Flag football practice for Rebecca and Benjamin, exercise (move on to level 2)
Friday: Babysit A, Battle of the Books practice, exercise, lunch with Mom
Saturday: football games for the kids, exercise

Currently reading::::
I got so much reading done last week-- it was rainy most of the week and perfect for reading during downtime. I am currently reading "Restore" by Vince Antonucci-- I will be honest and say I am struggling reading this as it is very "preachy".   

On the TV this week::::
Baseball season has started... so I have been watching the Indians. I am currently watching a series called "Yellowstone Thaw." I love nature documentaries. 

The weather outside is::::
Can we just say that Mother Nature has a sense of humor?


We woke up to 2-3 inches of fluffy snow on the ground and then it is supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow. Craziness.  

On the menu this week:::
*I haven't made a menu yet for most of the week. I need to see what we have in the freezer to use up. 
Monday: Chef salad
Tuesday: 
Wednesday: 
Thursday: 
Friday: Pizza and salad
Saturday: macaroni and cheese for the kids, maybe date night for the adults
Sunday: 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read for a few minutes!

Favorite photo from the camera::::
This was taken earlier today at McDonald's for the birthday boy's lunch! 


Bible Verse, Devotional::::


               I hope everyone has a wonderful week!   

6 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday to your son! I'll take that 70 degrees, actually any degrees that will melt this snow and we don't even have that much on the ground here. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed stopping by! Happy Birthday to your son! Loved your inspirational quote ! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we are not alone in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to the birthday boy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ben!! I'm running super late this week, but wanted to make sure and stop by. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week!

    ReplyDelete