Monday, January 14, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/14/2019)

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. 

Saturday morning started out bright and early for us as Benjamin had to be at basketball at 8:45AM. Ben played at 9 and then we came back home until 11:30 when we headed back to basketball for Jacob and Rebecca's games. We got back home around 2:45ish. That was a good thing, because we were getting snow all day. (We ended up getting about 4 inches or so). Saturday night, I cooked dinner and made some freezer breakfast burritos and then was in bed asleep by 9:30. I must have been tired! LOL. 

Sunday, we were up bright and early again as we had to go to 8AM mass. Then I taught PSR and we were home by 10:30. I spent the day puttering around the house, taking a nap, making cookies,  playing outside in the snow with the kids and just relaxing.

Right now, I am sitting her typing this up. Bill took Rebecca to school for me so that the boys could sleep a little longer. I just woke them up for school. 2 of my 3 babysitting kids are here...the baby is napping on the floor and the 4 year old is watching "Thomas the Train." He is obsessed with them and loves to play with Benjamin's trains and track. 

For now let's get on with the topics for "Happy Homemaker Monday" (hosted by the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.") 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE::: 
  • Today

    Jan 14

    32° /17°F
    Times of clouds and sun
  • Tue

    Jan 15

    30° /28°
    Times of clouds and sun
    More
  • Wed

    Jan 16

    36° /22°
    Mostly cloudy
    More
  • Thu

    Jan 17

    36° /28°
    Cloudy, a little snow
    More
  • Fri

    Jan 18

    35° /24°
    Mostly cloudy
    More

Cold this week, but seasonal for January. Looks like we might get some snow on Thursday. They are also saying that we could get hit by a "major winter storm" this weekend. I will believe it when I see it! LOL (When you live in Ohio, you learn to not really trust the weather forecast until the night before since our weather tends to change so much in the winter time depending on how lows and the wind shifts).  

  

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:::
(I thought it might be fun to take a picture every Monday looking out my kitchen window just to see what changes or similarities there are)




ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE:::
This morning, I had a glass of orange juice and a couple of chocolate chip cookies. Oops.         


WHAT AM I WEARING?:::
Today I have on a new purple pullover athletic top with a hoodie. It is kind of like a sweatshirt but a lighter material. I also have on jeans, my fuzzy koala socks, and black boots. 

RIGHT NOW I AM:::
Sitting here typing this post and trying to get the kids to get dressed and get their breakfast. I might have to come back to this later as the baby just woke up and will probably want to eat soon.

*I just got back from taking the boys to school and am going to try to out the finishing touches on this post real quick before I get A at 9:30.    


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad. Since I have decluttered some of the toys, the kids have been doing a much better job of cleaning up and putting things away in an orderly manner. The only real thing I notice, is that the fish tank desperately needs a good cleaning.    
  

ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:::
Babysit 🗸
Kids to school ✓
Ben has speech therapy
Pay water bill and any other bills due
Get Bill's KP invoice typed up to submit on Wednesday
Rebecca has an audition for a play



CURRENTLY READING:::





ON THE TV THIS WEEK:::
Bringing Up Bates (missed the episode last week, am hoping they reair it)
I told the boys that I would let them watch some college basketball this week
NFL this coming weekend
Cartoons for the kiddos

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::
Monday - Tacos and corn 
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes and green beans
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner (eggs, bacon, biscuits, fruit)
Thursday- Chicken tator tot casserole in the crockpot
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Supposed to be date night but if we get the winter storm they are calling for I don't think that I will want to go anywhere for food....Will have to think about this one. 
Sunday -  Stuffed Shells, garlic bread, salad



FAVORITE PHOTO FROM MY CAMERA::


QUOTE TO SHARE::

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218509185504943&set=a.2300318671475&type=3&theater

Well I got this post finished just in time as "A" should be arriving any moment now. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!  

15 comments:

  1. Great inspiration for the week! I've had a few oops breakfast before...often. Love the idea of taking the same photo every Monday. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your picture of the kids playing in the snow! I also LOVE your quote for the week - SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE! Sounds like you had a busy, but productive week and are off to a good start already this week. Are you enjoying the book? It really sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it. I am taking my time with it and trying to really think about everything that she is saying.

      Delete
  3. I don't know why you would be tired lol!! At least you can say you're never bored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't know why I am tired all the time either! ;)

      Delete
  4. I think it's a good idea of taking the same picture each week, we'll see where it leads us all :)
    Seems like you have your handfuls with the kids. Great picture of them outside.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo of your kids :) Your weather sounds pretty cold, and I love your idea of taking a picture every Monday from the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pleasant day and nice plans :) We need to do a bit more decluttering of toys, as both my kids are now in school all day and don't 'play' as much. I think we're supposed to be a day or two behind you for next weekend's storm (in Michigan).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the snow storm this weekend hope it isn't too bad. They are calling for 4-10 inches here so who knows what we will get.

      Delete
  7. The snowy pic makes me sooo cold! We are having breakfast for dinner tonight as well. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete