Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Crazy Winter Weather and LOTS of kids here

I finally am getting a chance to sit down and write out a post. It has been a crazy couple of days with crazy weather and LOTS of kids here. 

Monday of course was Martin Luther King Jr. Day so the schools were closed. That meant that I had my three kiddos here, plus my babysitting kiddos AND an extra as he is the older brother of 2 of them and he didn't have school. So in case you were wondering I had kids the ages of 12, 10, 9, 6, 5, 3 and 5 months in my house. It was LOUD. It was CRAZY. So that was all planned and I knew about it. 


https://i.pinimg.com/736x/51/8a/0c/518a0c1d8acebf4486f7f0bfe67f5c84.jpg


What I didn't plan for was Mother Nature deciding that negative wind chills meant that the ice/snow we got this past weekend wasn't going anywhere. Which meant that Tuesday it was too cold and icy for the kids to go to school....so a snow day! Rinse and repeat from Monday. Oh vey. 

Playing nicely with Legos (Rebecca was upstairs in her room, and the baby was napping)

Tuesday all the kids were in a not so good mood. Not being able to get outside and being cooped up here set them off. They were taking toys from one another, knocking down each other's Lego structures out of spite, bossing each other around, etc. I must have heard "I am hungry" 50,000 times, but of course they didn't want to eat when they were supposed to (at lunch time--- I am sorry but you get PB and J. I am not a short order cook at a restaurant. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!). (And it is not like I gave them snacks either before lunch...)

When they all got picked up I told Bill that I needed a drink. LOL I didn't though. Instead I decided to get my kids out of the house and use them as manual labor! LOL. We loaded the van up with the 3 large garbage bags and a huge box of stuff that I cleaned out of our game closet this weekend that had been cluttering up my mud room and driving me nuts. We went to the bank, Goodwill (where I had Bill and Rebecca carry everything in)… then we went to Aldi where I did a big stock up trip (since I had helpers to bring everything in! LOL). I also had decided that I was NOT going to cook dinner, so I treated everyone to Wendy's for dinner. It was a cheap dinner as well all got a "4 for $4" meal. 

Today, the temperature has warmed up into the 40s and it has been raining all day-- which means it is an icy, slushy, wet mess outside. We are actually under a flood watch. Tonight temperatures are supposed to drop again and then be in the low 20s during the day and single digits at night over the next couple days-- along with more chances for snow. Mother Nature needs to make up her mind or something. I am thankful though that my kids were able to go to school today. They had a 2 hour delay this morning and the parking lots of the school were still an icy mess, but at least they got to go to school! So it a little quieter here today, with just the 5 year old, the 3 year old and the baby.  

Right now, the 5 year old is playing with Legos, the 3 year old is looking at books on the couch, and the 5 month old is napping so I am taking this opportunity to respond to an email and then decided to hop on here for a few minutes. It is almost time for the baby to wake though for her bottle so I will cut this off here. But before I go, here is a Wednesday funny for you for today! I just love "Grumpy Cat." 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/56/ce/ae/56ceae92b53d4725b44a0c2a21c2927a--grumpy-cat-frozen-grumpy-kitty.jpg


 Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! 

6 comments:

  1. Not being able to get outside and changing weather patterns = wound up kiddos. Sounds like you handled it all with lots of grace. Glad you were able to get out of the house yesterday and have dinner out. Wendy's sounds good, haven't been there in quite a while. Hope you get a bit more time to relax today and the rest of your week is a lot more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. This whole week has been crazy, so I just have to go with it.

      Delete
  2. I remember the teaching days when stuck inside-you deserved that drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually got the drink. LOL I may indulge this weekend though. ;)

      Delete