Sunday, January 27, 2019

My Goals for 2019: Update #4

So, I said that I was going to be accountable to my goals this year instead of having them sit on my blog post not to be seen until January of next year. I have decided to do weekly updates, that way I can keep these in the back of my brain and keep them fresh. I think that Sundays are a good day to do an update as then I can refresh for the week ahead and make sure that I am living each day in a way that I consistent with my goals for the year. 

This is going up late today as I wasn't home all day yesterday (basketball and then out to a friend's house for dinner) and so today I have been trying to catch up on laundry, cleaning, etc. Right now, I have dinner cooking away on the stove so thought I would take a few minutes while I wait for potatoes to boil to write this up. I REALLY want to stay accountable this year. So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2019 updates for week #4::

1. Blog at least 2-3 times a week.
Yep! I blogged last Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday... so completed for this week! :) 

2. Read 26 books.
I finished reading The Brave Art of Motherhood by Rachel Marie Martin. I have pulled Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel off of my bookshelf to read next. I feel the need for a fiction read! :) 

So that puts me at 2 books read out of 26 for the year!  

3. Read to the boys before bed.
Didn't happen at all this past week.   

4. Try 12 new recipes at least. 
Nothing new this week. So for the year I am at 2 out of 12.  

5. Take a walk at least 2 times a week in the winter and at least 3 times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. 
This was a fail again this week.  Too cold, too icy,... 

6. Take a couple of hours of "me" time each week in some way... whether this is getting away from the house by myself or taking a nap.
I took the 2 hours of basketball practice to just stay home and bake and listen to music. This goal is being modified to say take a couple of hours each week. Our weekends are kind of crazy right now, so I am trying to be conscientious about making sure I have me time at some point during the week.  
  

7. Declutter each room of the house and donate things that don't belong in the trash and throw away trash. 
I cleaned out the game closet and ended up donating 3 bags of games and a huge box of games to Goodwill. I also cleaned out the junk drawer in the kitchen so the kitchen is 100% completed. :) :) 

Game closet before: 
 
Game closet AFTER::

Junk Drawer BEFORE::

Junk Drawer AFTER::
     

8. Take 2 overnight trips with the kids and Bill. 
Just in the thinking stages on this one.  

9. Have a date night with Bill at least 2 times a month and have one of those a quarter being a date night OUT of the house. 
We did not have a date night this week; instead we went out to a friend's home for dinner with the family. I still say January was a win as we had 2 date nights-- one at home and one out. 

10. Get a tattoo. 
I have been thinking about this and am pretty sure that I would like to do a simple shark design. Now to start looking at Pinterest for inspiration. 

11. Lose weight. 
Nothing this week. 

So that was this past week. Overall, I am pleased as punch as to how January has gone. Some things are better than others. I will say that I have been struggling with grumpiness and not feeling motivated and stuck these last couple of weeks. I think the weather has a lot to do with it as well as having things on my plate that no longer feel like a blessing or a joy in my life. I have to figure out how to move forward. For now, I need to end this as my oven timer is dinging. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and if you are in the path of the Polar Vortex heading into the USA hope you are staying warm!  



4 comments:

  1. Love your decluttering photos - some great progress there! I find this week also really difficult for motivation. January is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good before and after photo! Agree with Hawaii planner, January is tough. I am motivated to declutter/cull/simplify by our move, predicted in April. I am anxious to get in our new place, but in terms of decluttering, I think the move will come sooner than I think. Under ordinary circumstances, I try to remove 3 things/day from my home. I am trying to double that with the pending move. By and large, the kids have been great. I need DH on board with some big stuff in our garage...stuff that has been there since we moved here 15 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was cleaning out the game closet, I found a large box in there that I had no idea what was in it. It was shoved to the very back and had probably been there since we moved here 7 years ago. It was curtains and old doilies from my mother in law. Needless to say the whole box got donated. Good luck on your own decluttering and moving. It is hard to get kids and hubbys on board. LOL

      Delete