Monday, January 21, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/21/2019)

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We got hit by winter storm Harvey on Saturday so that made for a weekend of staying inside and not going anywhere, which was perfectly okay with me. LOL We ended up getting freezing rain for several hours on Saturday and then some snow Saturday night into Sunday (We ended up with a couple of inches of snow-- nowhere near the 6-10 inches they were calling for!).  Last night brought in severely cold temperatures. 

Today I have a house full of kiddos-- my 3 don't have school for because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and I have my normal 3 babysitting kiddos and the brother of 2 of them as he doesn't have school either! It is a little loud and crazy but all good. 

I am taking a few moments to get on with the topics for "Happy Homemaker Monday" (hosted by the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.") 





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE::: 
Right now the actual temperature outside is -6 degrees! It is COLD, COLD, COLD! Did I mention that it is cold? LOL Our furnace is having a hard time keeping up. When I got up this morning it was 65 degrees in the house and our furnace has not turned off. Thankfully the sun is out so maybe that will help. 

This week:

  • Today

    Jan 21

    12° /0°F
    Mostly sunny; bitterly cold
  • Tue

    Jan 22

    35° /31°
    Not as cold
    More
  • Wed

    Jan 23

    43° /23°
    Cloudy, rain tapering off
    More
  • Thu

    Jan 24

    29° /11°
    Cloudy
    More
  • Fri

    Jan 25

    16° /4°
    Low clouds
  

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY KITCHEN WINDOW:::
(I thought it might be fun to take a picture every Monday looking out my kitchen window just to see what changes or similarities there are)



ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE:::
This morning, I had a couple slices of zucchini bread with walnuts! Yummy! In full disclosure, I also am onto my 2nd glass of Coke to drink. I desperately need the caffeine this morning! 

WHAT AM I WEARING?:::
Today I have on a black long sleeve tunic top, a long camel colored sweater, jeans, and red fuzzy socks.  

RIGHT NOW I AM:::
Sitting here typing this up. The older boys are playing with legos and wrestlers at the kitchen table. Baby A is laying on the floor on a blanket trying to crawl and yelling in her baby talk. H is playing with toys on the floor. Rebecca is still asleep (although the boys are being really loud so I have no idea how she is sleeping!) and Bill is asleep after working overnight last night. I am waiting on A to get here for the day. 


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad. There are toys on the floor from the kids playing this morning, but other than that I cleaned this weekend so it doesn't look too bad at all. I am finding that with the decluttering it is making it so much easier to keep the house straightened up.    
  

ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:::
Babysit 
Ben has speech therapy
Rebecca has play practice
Rewatch the Patriots/Chiefs game from last night since the boys went to bed before it was over (Sorry Jean!)
Store for milk and fruit




CURRENTLY READING:::
I am still working on this book. I am hoping to finish it this week though and then maybe go onto a fiction story. 



ON THE TV THIS WEEK:::
Bringing Up Bates
Cartoons for the kiddos
Rewatch of the Patriots/Chiefs game from yesterday

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::
Monday - Antipasto squares, green beans, salad 
Tuesday - Turkey smoked sausage, macaroni and cheese, peas
Wednesday - Minestrone soup in the crockpot
Thursday- leftovers or breakfast for dinner
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Supposed to go to a friends house for dinner (weather permitting). 
Sunday -  Pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls



FAVORITE PHOTO FROM MY CAMERA::



QUOTE TO SHARE::
https://tosavealife.com/faith/inspiration/20-martin-luther-king-jr-quotes-best-life/


Well I need to finish this up as it is almost time for me to make a bottle for Baby A. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday and if you are in the midst of the cold air hope you stay warm!

4 comments:

  1. Your quote makes me smile! What a blessed day to remember a great man! It's so cold in your neck of the woods! Great to check in on you again, I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guys are going to enjoy the game replay. It was a fun game to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you know this city is a little sad this morning but it was a great game. I shared the exact same quote on my blog! Hope you stay warm and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Martin Luther King quotation! Just saw a movie called "The Green Book" which was a book that listed hotels and restaurants that black folk were "allowed" to go to when travelling through the south in the 1960's. Best movie I've seen in years!!

    ReplyDelete