Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year and My Goals for 2019

Happy New Year! It is time for us to look back on the previous year and look forward to the new pages on the calendar and to the newness of the year. As I looked back on my goals for 2018, I realized that I did not do really well on them. 2018 was a year to forget in many ways. It was a hard, hard year. I am praying that 2019 is a better year. It has to be. 

I have been contemplating lots of things for 2019 and I keep coming back to a few things...goals you could call them. I just feel like I need a better way to keep track of them. So I think that I will be posting weekly updates on how I am doing. I think that will keep them in the back of my mind and not allow me to forget them. 




So without further ado, here are my goals for 2019 in no particular order::

1. Blog at least 2-3 times a week.
I have gotten out of the habit and really would like to get back into the habit. 

2. Read 26 books.
Another habit that I have gotten out of the habit of that I miss. I have 2 books right now that I would like to start the year off reading and then go from there. 

3. Read to the boys before bed.
Many times the boys are still wired before bed, so I would like to start the habit of reading to them from a chapter book or one of the many kids books that we have here at the house before bed.  

4. Try 12 new recipes at least. 
I have gotten into a rut with making the same things over and over and would like to expand our horizons. The new recipes I tried in 2018 were mostly a hit and so I would like to continue on that success. 

5. Take a walk at least 2 times a week in the winter and at least 3 times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. 
This is another habit that I have gotten out of the habit of doing. I miss walking. I feel better when I do it and it helps me mentally. 

6. Take a couple of hours of "me" time on the weekend in some way... whether this is getting away from the house by myself or taking a nap. 
I spend so much of my time doing so much for everyone else, be it my husband, kids, family, babysitting kids, etc. that I need to take time for me. 

Photo Source


7. Declutter each room of the house and donate things that don't belong in the trash and throw away trash. 
I don't think I really need to explain this one. :)  

8. Take 2 overnight trips with the kids and Bill. 
With Bill's new job and my babysitting schedule, I don't think we will have the time off or the money to take a full blown vacation this year. However, we have talked about doing a couple of overnight trips. 

9. Have a date night with Bill at least 2 times a month and have one of those a quarter being a date night OUT of the house. 

10. Get a tattoo. 
I have been talking for a few years about doing this and there is no time like this year. My sister and I have talked about getting tattoos together. 

11. Lose weight. 
I have put this on my goals list every year and this year I would LOVE to will make this happen. I am the heaviest that I have been when I am not pregnant and I just don't like that of myself. Ideally I would love to lose at least 20 pounds. (Trying to keep it real)

So there you have it. My 11 goals for 2019! These are things that I think that I can achieve as long as I remember what they are each week! 

I am off to enjoy the day with Bill and the kids. I am not sure yet what else we are doing today. We shall see what this year brings. :) 

Are you making goals for 2019? Care to share? 

8 comments:

  1. I love your goals! Especially the taking care of yourself - it's something I struggle with as well! =) Here's to 2019 being a much better year than 2018! We got this, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the year that I take care of me! And yes, we absolutely have this!! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are great goals for the new year! Taking care of yourself is super important. I'm still tossing around what I want to put on my list of 19 things to do in 2019 (instead of but sort of the same thing as as making goals. If I call them goals, my rebellious nature will go against them all). Hope 2019 is your best year yet, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I can't wait to see what your 19 things are; that sounds like a good way to approach it!

      Delete
  3. Self care should be the top goal we all have, but it never is. I have more aims than goals. I have a direction I want to head but I refuse to beat myself up over any glitches. I have been an all or nothing type of person most of my life and it is either tiring or wasteful, depending on whether I am doing all of giving up and doing nothing. This is the year I am trying to be better balanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being better balanced is a great goal to strive for. I know there will be hiccups and that is okay. I just need to get back up again and move forward not losing ME in the process. Good luck on heading in the right direction for you!

      Delete
  4. Your goals sound great! I have a long list (I try to stick to categories: Financial, Family, Fitness, Work/Career, Personal/Creative. I feel like I need that structure to make sure I am balanced & focusing on myself, my health, etc & the numbers & the family. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that you have found something that works for you. I am trying this format this year, because I have tried really strict categories, etc. in the past and they never seem to work. So we shall see if this is the year that they stick. :-)

      Delete