Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Goals for 2019: Update # 3

So, I said that I was going to be accountable to my goals this year instead of having them sit on my blog post not to be seen until January of next year. I have decided to do weekly updates, that way I can keep these in the back of my brain and keep them fresh. I think that Sundays are a good day to do an update as then I can refresh for the week ahead and make sure that I am living each day in a way that I consistent with my goals for the year. So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2019 updates for week #3::

1. Blog at least 2-3 times a week.
Yep! Completed this week! :) 

2. Read 26 books.


Still reading The Brave Art of Motherhood by Rachel Marie Martin. 

So that puts me at 1.5 out of 26 for the year!  

3. Read to the boys before bed.
We did this 4 out of 7 nights. We are currently reading about Alonzo Mourning (basketball player).  

4. Try 12 new recipes at least. 
Nothing new this week. So for the year I am at 2 out of 12.  

5. Take a walk at least 2 times a week in the winter and at least 3 times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. 
This was a fail again this week.  

6. Take a couple of hours of "me" time on the weekend in some way... whether this is getting away from the house by myself or taking a nap.
I took the 2 hours of basketball practice time on Thursday night and just relaxed, messed around on facebook and took a short nap instead of cleaning or organizing or doing anything productive.   
  

7. Declutter each room of the house and donate things that don't belong in the trash and throw away trash. 
I cleaned out the mud room and donated a brown grocery bag full of stuff and a shredder that was in the closet.     

8. Take 2 overnight trips with the kids and Bill. 
Just in the thinking stages on this one.  

9. Have a date night with Bill at least 2 times a month and have one of those a quarter being a date night OUT of the house. 
We went out for Mexican food on Tuesday night while the kids were at their scout meeting. 

10. Get a tattoo. 
I have been thinking about this and am pretty sure that I would like to do a simple shark design. Now to start looking at Pinterest for inspiration. 

11. Lose weight. 
Nothing this week. 

So there you have it. Just an okay week. That is okay though. Today it is super cold and I think a good day to curl up with a good book, so I think that is what I am going to do. Have a great Sunday everyone! 



6 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great! Really inspiring to read your weekly list. It's pretty chilly here as well although not as bad as they predicted. We're just counting down to when we can watch the Chiefs game around here ;) Hope you have a wonderful Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I don't know I think our house wants the Patriots to win-- they are Benjamin's favorite team! ;)

      Delete
  2. I think you are having a good week. Way more hits than misses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it is just the perfectionist in me that is making me seem like it wasn't a good week ;)

      Delete
  3. I think you should consider it an overall good week! Even with feeling down, you managed to still get a lot of successes! =)

    ReplyDelete