Saturday, January 19, 2019

Day book post for January 19, 2019

Happy Saturday! 
Today we are supposedly going to get pounded with snow with Winter Storm Harvey. So far it has been a big bust. I thought I would come on here and just do a quick post to chronicle what today has been like. 


Outside my window....

Snow, ice, freezing rain. We are in the trenches of Winter Storm Harper. They keep saying we are going to have blizzard like conditions, but so far today that isn't happening. It was snowing hard earlier, then changed over to rain, then freezing rain. Right now I don't think it is doing anything. 



What I am wearing...

Jeans, grey and white striped thermal shirt, and red and green striped fuzzy socks. LOL Not going anywhere today so just comfy clothes! 



What I am hearing...

Jacob is watching an old football game on TV (thank goodness for condensed games on the NFL app!). Ben is playing wrestling on the coach with his action figures. A snow plow just went by. 



How I am feeling...

Today I am doing okay. This past week have been full of ups and downs emotions wise. Today I feel pretty good. Kind of calm, kind of like what will be, will be.



From the kitchen....

I made chocolate cupcakes a little earlier today for the kids to snack on. I laid out a bag of shredded zucchini to defrost so that I can make some zucchini bread later. Tonight for dinner, I am planning on making a huge pot of chili and some grilled cheese to go along with it. Seems like a good plan for a cold, snowy, icy day. 

Plans for Today...
I have been working on laundry, so will continue with that. Bill just got up for the day, so I will probably go upstairs to work on decluttering projects. Hoping to work on our bedroom today I think. I am also hoping to play a board game or two with the kids and Bill later. 

I guess that is it for today. I should go do something productive around the house, or maybe I will go take a nap! LOL 

What is the weather like where you are? 
What's on your plans for today?




2 comments:

  1. We are waiting for Harvey to hit us in a few hours and the weathermen can't decide exactly what's going to happen...The latest forecast for my part of Connecticut is some snow and then switching to ice and freezing rain - which isn't great for trees and power lines so I guess we will see what happens. It's laundry day here too and just a chill hanging around the house lazy kind of day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our great predicted storm turned out to be a dusting of snow! The eye-rolling kind. It is a bit cooler out than it's been but the sun is shining! Can't remember the last time we saw that. We've still been having a super lazy day. I should be doing laundry but I'm not. Read an entire book instead of following the Marie Kondo plan and decluttering my books. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete