Thursday, July 16, 2020

150+ Year Old Oak Tree, 15th Wedding Anniversary, and more

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone is having a good day! Today is mine and Bill's 15th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been 15 years. Some days it seems like just yesterday, and other days it feels like the whole 15 years! Not sure what fun we will get into today to celebrate other than we are supposed to get takeout from our favorite Mexican place for dinner. I can't wait. 



But wait I must and take care of the kiddos I must. I am not sure yet what we are going to get into today either. 

Yesterday, we had a busy day in the morning as we went to a new to us trail area. We have gone to the Brown Family Environmental Center many times so far this Summer. The last time we were there I happened to pick up a trail map to see if there were other trails we hadn't walked. Lo and Behold there was an entire area that I never knew existed. This area included a pond trail, and other trails. So yesterday I decided to head out to hike a couple of these trails. 

We found the pond....




AND an oak tree that predates the Civil War, which means it is over 150 years old! It was massive and gorgeous! 




It was a hot, humid walk, but so peaceful. I find such peace outside. Maybe I should take them on another walk today.... maybe we will go find the center of Ohio....Not sure yet but the natives are getting restless so I need to get off of here and make some decision about what we are doing! Hope everyone has a good Thursday! 

8 comments:

  1. I definitely feel better being able to get outside. I also can't bear to be in a room with the blinds or curtains drawn, even at night. Nothing more depressing to me than waking up in the morning in a dark room.
    Happy anniversary. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. I definitely feel a difference if I miss a day or 2 of being outside!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a cool tree. Neat find. Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. My outing to the big city was a little anic inducing at first, but now I know I can do it. I will spen dtonight outside. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature is calming. We all need it. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete