Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Walking and Painting Rocks

Happy Wednesday! I am a little later getting this typed us today as I was busy with the kids earlier, then watched our Governor give a press conference, then I just wasn't really feeling well so I took a shower to see if I would feel better. I think I am just mentally, emotionally exhausted. But life goes on and so what have we been up to? 

Well, Monday the kids and I headed out on another walk on the bike path and surrounding trails. We had a great walk including seeing a snake at the environmental center, a "teenage" deer that crossed the path right in front of us, and a mama deer with 3 fawns. The mom was in a field eating with one of the babies close by her. Then we happened to look in the foliage right below the bike path and I saw 2 other babies hiding in the weeds/overgrowth. It was so cute to see. The other reason we went hiking in this area was to look for some rocks to paint and the kids each found a couple that were perfect. 







Yesterday, Rebecca had a friend over since her mom had to go have an MRI done. (Thankfully, the news was great from the MRI!) Jacob, Ben, Lacie, Ethan and I spent most of the day painting rocks and pictures and having an at home day!





Jacob's rocks 

Jacob's rocks 

Lacie's rocks

Ethan's rocks

Ben's rocks
 


I even got into the painting. I love to make art, however I don't take the time to do it. I ended up painting 2 different rocks using acrylic paint and a small paintbrush. The first one my inspiration came from our walks... I included the river, bike path, bridge, tower and the forests that we hike.


The second was because of my love of sloths and I wanted to remind myself that moving in the right direction is most important. 


It was much needed art therapy after a few difficult mental days. All this constant barrage of gloom and doom and the frustrations over COVID-19 and mask wearing, etc. has become way too much. 

Today, the kids and I went hiking this morning in a new to us area. I will save those pictures for tomorrow or Friday! Hope everyone has had a good Wednesday! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the rocks. You have three kids, no wonder you are exhausted mentally and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rocks came out beautiful! I didn't know you were an artist! That's awesome! :-) I find that painting rocks is definitely something that calms me down. I like to listen to music while I'm painting and that helps too.

    ReplyDelete