Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Walking, Tower Climbing and COVID-19 numbers

Happy Wednesday! Is it just me or is this week going by at a snail's pace? Seriously I thought yesterday was Wednesday all day long. Oh well, I will blame it on the heat! LOL  It has been HOT here the last couple of days... we've had highs in the high 80s/low 90s and it is just HOT! There is actually heat warnings for later in the week. 

I have been getting the kids out of the house anyways; we try to get out in the morning when it is somewhat cooler (if you call real feel of 90 degrees cooler! LOL). Monday we went to the bike path in Howard to walk. The kids had fun, as we explored the little nature path that runs along the river as well. They also got to play on the playground when we were done. We did have a little bit of drama when we left the walk and Ethan thought he had left his dexcom (his diabetes sensor reader) at the playground (as he didn't have pockets). I did a big u-turn on the highway and we booked it back to the path. He and Rebecca went back to the playground to look for it only to figure out it was in his waistband of his shorts. He had it all along! 






Monday afternoon, Bill and I spent about an hour cleaning the dryer. I had smelled a burning smell earlier that day, so we took off the back and there was lint stuck on the electrical parts. Not good! We cleaned it completely out and I need to get a new hose for the outside connection as it is caked with lint that we can't get out. But good news is that there is no longer a burning smell! 

Yesterday morning, I woke up to seeing Ethan reading to Gronk. This is great as he is behind on his reading skills and he took the initiative to read. 



Later in the morning we went to Ariel-Foundation Park and conquered the tower! Rastin Tower is a steel, spiral staircase that coils around the PPG industrial smoke stack built in 1951 and overs a beautiful view of Mount Vernon 140 feet above the ground. You have to climb over 220 steps to the top. Lacie and Jacob are terrified of heights but I knew they could get to the top. I kept telling them that they could do hard things and to keep going and they did it! They both made it to the very top! Lacie even thanked me for pushing her and getting her to do it! 






After we came down, we walked around other parts of the park before heading to get lunch. It was super hot! 





Last night, Rebecca and I headed to Walmart to return two bathing suits that she had bought that didn't fit. I also wanted to get some ice cream treats for the kids and some things that are cheapest at Walmart. Tonight, I need to make an Aldi's run for produce and other things needed for dinners next week. I am trying to get my shopping done before the craziness of people shopping for the 4th of July. 

In other news, apparently there is someone at Bill's work who is in isolation after being exposed to someone with the virus. He said that his work is being real hush-hush about it and are trying not to let anyone know. Speaking of the virus, I haven't done an update in a while so why not do one now? The last time I did one, May 30, Ohio was at 32,637 cases, 1,938 deaths and 25 cases in my county. Today we are at 48,222 cases, 2,615 deaths and 39 cases in my county. The numbers are just depressing to look at. The last 6 cases in our county have been attributed to community spread which is somewhat depressing. Well, the kids are clamoring for a promised water day. I have promised them a day of running through the sprinkler, getting sprayed with the water hose and possibly water guns! LOL 

What are you up to today? Is it hot where you are? What are the COVID numbers like where you are?  

10 comments:

  1. It is hot here, but it is always hot from May until mid October.
    I love that you told the kids they can do hard things. It is a mantra I use with myself, though most of the things I use it for are not necessarily that difficult as much as things I just don't want to do. (Like mow the back yard in the summertime drippy heat)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember that mantra to myself as well... or rather I should remind myself that I can do things like paying bills and folding clothes. 2 things I really don't want to do today but need to be done. lol

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are having fun doing lots of outdoor things. I'm terrified a bit of heights myself so I can empathize with the kids. Love that you encouraged them & they stuck with it. (My thing isn't going up though, you'd have been there a long time with me taking long, deep breaths to get back down. LOL!). We were supposed to have a heat advisory today but a surprise storm blew through last night & kept things from getting bad. I don't want to think about tomorrow's humidity. Numbers are up everywhere, sigh. Hope you have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It is still hot and humid here but no rain in sight.

      Delete
  3. Hot here, my friend.
    And cases rising.
    You are an amazing mom, and are making so many memories for your children!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I was having Herpes Simplex Virus then i came across a review of people saying that they got treated from Herpes Simplex Virus by Dr Voke., So i gave a try by contacting him through his email and explain my problem to him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like HERPES HIV, shingles,low sperm count or bringing back your ex lover, this great man is extremely the best in which I have seen and applauds and if you also need a help, you can also email him via email [doctorvoke@gmail.com]

    ReplyDelete

  5. I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.I was positive to the Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw testimony about DR Ebhota online on how he cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (drebhotasoltion@gmail.com) You can contact him on WhatsApp +2348089535482 He also have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA..

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr odion.. I have read about Dr odion the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure Herpeewith his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases Hiv, Herpes, Cancer, Als,Herpatitis, Diabetes, Hpv,Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of Herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for two weeks and today when i went for test i was tested Herpes negative and he can also cure herpes etc you can reach him through his WhatsApp number:+2349019421176 he will help you out or email drodionherbalremdies@gmail.com*.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cartes ATM programmées
    Savez-vous que vous pouvez pirater n'importe quel guichet automatique !!!
    Nous avons des guichets automatiques spécialement programmés qui peuvent être utilisés pour retirer de l'argent dans les guichets automatiques, les magasins et les points de vente. Nous vendons ces cartes à tous nos clients et acheteurs intéressés dans le monde entier, les cartes ont une limite de retrait chaque semaine.
    Devenir riche et vivre le style de vie riche et célèbre est un rêve pour beaucoup de gens. Et tandis que la plupart des gens vont au travail ou recherchent d'autres méthodes éthiques pour gagner de l'argent avec des cartes programmées par guichet automatique.
    Les guichets automatiques programmés retirent de l'argent de chaque guichet automatique mais ont une limite de retrait chaque semaine, seul votre code PIN s'y trouve, c'est un système de carte de haute technologie. La carte ATM PROGRAMMÉE fonctionne sur tous les guichets automatiques à carte, partout dans le monde.
    Courriel : atmservices44@aol.com
    Courriel : hacklords.investors@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete