Saturday, July 4, 2020

It's Saturday!

Happy Saturday and Happy 4th of July! This is definitely different kind of year to celebrate the 4th. 

However before that I wanted to talk about what's been going on. Thursday was not a good day.  The night before Bill and I got into it with each and there was arguing and yelling. I didn't sleep well that night and woke up with a headache. The kids were whiny and fighting in the morning. I had had enough. So I declared it movie day or rather I put the TV on so they could be quiet and watch tv and not bother me. I felt guilty about it, but ALL the kids were in moods and driving me insane. I couldn't take it anymore. I also sent Jacob to his room for the day as he was being mean to his brother and after multiple warnings I was done. It was not my finest moment as a mom. Just keeping it real.

That evening, I decided that I needed to get out and walk. They re-opened the bike trail head in our town (it had been closed due to road work near it) and so we headed out there to walk. Everything was so green. We saw 2 deer on the path and heard multiple birds (more than we typically do).





Yesterday, I made plans to meet up with a friend and her kids at the Brown Family Environmental Center. The kids could run and hike and we moms could chat and catch up. The kids enjoyed playing around in the pine forest, throwing rocks in the river and spending time in a little creek. We spend about 2 hours there. It was a much needed time of catching up, hiking and just being with others in a responsible way. 










Last night Bill and I decided to do date night since we were going to a cookout tonight. We ordered food from the same Greek and Indian place that we ordered from last Friday. I ordered the chicken Tikka Masala and was disappointed in it. The sauce was like a tomato soup and it was just there. I much prefer my own tikka masala that I make with chicken and veggies. Live and learn.


Today, I need to make a pasta salad and a fruit salad to take to my parents' house for a cookout later. I am currently not doing much of anything, except watching Spongebob with the boys and typing this up. I guess I need to get moving and get things done. 

Hope everyone has a safe Fourth of July! Anyone have any plans today? 

2 comments:

  1. I bought some fireworks for my kids, as well as the neighbor's kids, the deal being that they light them off at her place. Her husband gets a fire going in which they toss all the debris. I may also send him over with a pan of scratch made brownies--I'll see how the day goes. For dinner, I'm marinating some nice ribeye steaks. The plan was to make a cheesecake to go with it, but again, it depends on how much I feel like being in the kitchen today.
    I don't think you are a bad parent at all for relegating your son to his room for the day for being mean to his brother. In fact, I think that's some stellar parenting. Cruelty to a sibling is one of 2 things in this house which were treated harshly--no warning either. For all my kids' foibles, one thing I take pride in is how well they get, and have always gotten along with one another. Besides, you let him join you on the walk!
    How about you post your tikka masala recipe? I made a slow cooker one the other week, and was less than thrilled with the result. I hate to think I have to resort to a pre-made jar of sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Mom moments are not our proudest moments. The walk looks like something you all needed.

    ReplyDelete