Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday and my to do list for the week

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was okay. Saturday much of the day was spent helping Rebecca pack for camp and then a date night at home with Bill with yummy Mexican food.


Yesterday, we took Rebecca to camp and dropped her off. In fact it was super easy drop-off-- everything was done at our van in a drive through style. There was a sort of scare when they took her temperature with the forehead scanner and it came out high, but when they took it by mouth it was 98.2 so normal. I think it was because it was HOT outside and we were in our van with no a/c. I will admit that I have a pit in my stomach, but she needed to go to camp for her mental health. The camp is doing everything in it's power to keep the kids safe. 

After we dropped her off, Bill, the boys and I went on a walk on the Heart of Ohio Trail. I really wasn't in the mood to walk but Bill wanted to. We did end up seeing some beehives on someone's property that was kind of neat to see. 




After our walk, we took the kids to a local ice cream shop for a snack.







While Rebecca is gone, I have a ton of things that I need to do. I want to deep clean her room while she is gone. Rebecca has the smallest bedroom in the house but it is the messiest! LOL. A friend gave me a small desk for her bedroom that I want to surprise her with when she comes back. 

So with that being said, I have a ton of stuff on my to-do list this week. 

  • Deep clean Rebecca's room (change sheets, declutter dresser, declutter shelves, etc)
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Deep clean both bathrooms
  • Deep clean litter boxes
  • Clean Ben and Jacob's room
  • Go to Used furniture store to find desk chair for Rebecca's room
  • Get license renewed
  • Redo pantry organization (I ordered a larger shelving unit and hope that that works)
Not sure what else this week will bring. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am not sure we are doing anything. I guess I should get off of here and get something done.I told the kids that since it was going to be SUPER hot today that I was going to let them have a movie day and I was going to get some cleaning done. They are all engrossed in "The Incredibles" movie so I should go get some bathroom cleaning done while I can! What are you up to today? Hope everyone has a good Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you. Lucky Rebecca. Our camp cancelled its summer season, which is sad. While all but one of my kids is past the maximum age, my daughter and Girl wanted to go through its counselor training this year.
    Funny, but often I would surprise my kids with something like a new lamp, desk or headboard upon their return. (Probably because cleaning the room and traipsing through thrift shops was easier with less kids in tow.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry your kids' camp got cancelled. A lot of the camps around here were cancelled, however CYSC was able to put things into place to have them. They have basically put all the campers into their own bubbles with 8 other campers and a counselor and they do all the activities, etc within that group. Also masks are worn, etc. We were given the option to do it virtually or to cancel and get our money back. We felt that it was okay to have her there since it was so late in the Summer. She needed to go for her mental well-being. As far as the desk it is long overdue and with the possibility of doing virtual learning to start off the year and as many art projects she has going on I felt she needed a desk. Just had to find one for her tiny bedroom! Today I found the perfect chair for it for less than $30 at a used furniture store!

      Delete