Monday, August 17, 2020

Life lately

Happy Monday! Hope everyone is having a good day. I am sitting down to type this up as the kids are all busy watching TV and playing. I have "A" right now, but she is laying on the couch watching "Dora and the Lost City of Gold" with Ben. So what's been going on?

The kids and I had a mom and kid day last week. Bill had to work an open to close and I didn't have my niece and nephew, or "A" so I asked them what they wanted to do since it was just us. Well, Ben and Jacob both said play on a playground and Rebecca said she didn't care. So that is what we did. First we made a quick stop at Walmart to get the kids new shirts for their first days of school coming up and Ben needed new tennis shoes. After that we got donuts and ate them at a park. (We used a gift card that my sister had sent Rebecca a while ago and had never used!)





Then we stopped off at the New Testament Stone Garden at a local church. It is a nice place to take a quick break enjoy. 
 


Then it was time to go to the boys' school playground. That was Jacob's wish. 




Then the kids requested McDonald's for lunch so we got McDonald's for lunch using a gift card that my sister had sent Benjamin a while ago. 

After lunch, I let the boys play on the Wii, playing a game that Jacob rented at Family Video--again using HIS gift card that my sister had sent to him. 


While the boys played on the Wii, Rebecca and I played a couple of games of Yahtzee, which we had picked up that morning when we stopped into Walmart. 


That night, we had a bonus movie night and watched "Doolittle." It was pretty good. 


Friday, I was trying to get some computer/desk work done and Gronk decided that I didn't need to sort papers and file! LOL 
 

Also on Friday, I was the recipient of a giveaway. I had entered a Facebook giveaway for a local baker and I won a dozen free cupcakes, which she delivered on Friday. The cake part was good (nothing really special) but that icing was divine! Oh my word it was so good! 



Saturday we took a day to do family time. With all the stress I needed to get out. So we headed out to the Mohican Valley Trail and the Holmes County Trail and did some walking. We ended up walking over 4 miles. It is beautiful scenery. 

 





When we got home, we had lunch and then did a paint along with Bob Ross. We had done this once before a couple of years ago and it was fun. The kids had talked about doing it again so we did. Bill chose a show and we followed along. It is always fun to do. The boys ended up doing their own thing, so Bill, Rebecca and I were the only ones who did a painting like Bob's. 






Yesterday my projects included shredding this huge zucchini that my friend dropped off to me. I ended up making 2 loaves of bread and have enough zucchini in my freezer for 10 more loaves from this one zucchini! LOL 


I also had to run a couple of errands including dropping off the AHG treasury stuff to our coordinator as I am no longer serving on the board and Rebecca is no longer going to be part of the organization either. I also had to run to a friend's house to pick up a Scentsy warmer that I bought from her. I used some of the money that my mom had given me for my birthday. I love it! 


Today I took the kids to the bike path to walk. I had Lacie and Ethan as my mom had an in-service for her job.  We ended up walking 3 miles. Speaking of my mom, she has postponed her surgery until October. She feels that that would be better for her schedule. Her surgeon is okay with her postponing it. It is what it is. 

Now I am just hanging out with the kids. Dinner is in the Crockpot and I have laundry going. Waiting for "A" to get picked up. Her mom is having twice weekly non-stress tests as she is 35 weeks pregnant. Not sure what the rest of the week is going to bring. 

What have you guys been up to? Anything exciting going on?  

5 comments:

  1. You do such a wonderful job keeping your kids happy and busy! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bob Ross idea! Your paintings all look wonderful too! Did you just watch him on YouTube? Where do you get the paints? We have those size canvases and some acrylic paints??...., I would love to try this with my family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched an episode on Amazon Prime but you could certainly do youtube as well. We would watch him for a minute then pause it and paint. Watch again for a few minutes, pause and paint. Took us about 2 hours to get through a 30 minute episode. We just used acrylics we had here at home and canvases we had. We didn't have a couple.of the colors but made due with what we had. :) It was totally fun. I would recommend to everyone!

      Delete
  3. Rachel, You are an amazing Mom! Congratulations on the cupcake win! They look delicious! And thanks for the Yahtzee reminder. We love that game!

    ReplyDelete