Monday, August 31, 2020

Busy Sunday and Now to Monday

 Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a low key Saturday just staying home and getting some stuff done like laundry! LOL 

Yesterday was much busier. We took the kids out to Honey Run Waterfall in the morning as the weather was perfect! The waterfall was as low as I have ever seen it as we haven't had very much rain at all. We also enjoyed climbing some of the rocks and even climbed up to the very top of the waterfall.






After we spent time on the waterfall side of the park, we headed across the street and did one of the park trails. It was a fun way to spend a Sunday morning. 





After coming home, showering, and getting lunch we headed out to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday. His birthday is actually today but being a school day/work day we celebrated yesterday. So Happy 61st birthday Dad! The kids had fun playing with their cousins. We had pizza from a local pizza place for dinner and then had cake! I wasn't going to put a lot of candles on his cake, but my mom insisted on 61 candles! LOL It was a fun afternoon/evening. 





Today, the kids the "virtual" school. Before we got started on school work, we had "gym" class by going for a 2 mile walk on the bike path.



Then we stopped by the middle school to pick up lunches and breakfasts for 3 days for Rebecca. Then we headed to the boys' school to pick theirs up. Our district is offering grab-n-go lunches and breakfasts for the days that the kids are not in school for the free/reduced lunch kids. So on Mondays those kids can get 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts for the days they aren't in the school building. After we came home the kids did their school work (well most of it as one of Rebecca's classes was having issues with their audio book playing on the platform they were using...technical issues, you have to love them? NOT!). 




This afternoon, I was supposed to start back to tutoring, however my client had a death in their family so we are pushing the start date back. Dinner is in the Crockpot-- going to do shredded beef sandwiches, coleslaw and fruit salad. I have the last load of laundry in the washer. Not sure what else we will get into tonight. Maybe I should start reading one of the many books that I have in my bedroom that I haven't read in months....

How is your Monday going? Did you do anything fun over the weekend? 


11 comments:

  1. Hello, Rachel!
    Looks as if your school days are working out great.
    I remember taking my kids for a walk at lunchtime.
    Now it is just me and Flynn!
    She starts school tomorrow! 5th grade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your new school year! My Jacob is also in 5th grade!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have a handle on things. I had a great Monday and was really productive-I'm a coordinator for folks with disabilities and all my notes have to be done by the end of the month. We have a new system now and I managed to put the notes all on it. I am definitely not a computer savvy person. I should have taken a class years ago LOL but I'm too old now. GSons both started virtual learning yesterday- one as a HS junior and the other as a college freshman living in the dorm. Let's hope all the kids do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job on getting your computer work done! And good luck to your Grandsons in school this year!

      Delete
  3. I know all of this is difficult for you and the kids! Hopefully the technical issues will be under control and everyone will settle into a comfortable pattern for school. I am so glad my kids are grown and I don't have to worry with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see as this Friday is supposed to be the first virtual day for the boys on their chromebooks...

      Delete
  4. Great photos! Looks like you had a fun weekend. Our weekend was pretty low-key. It was our 22nd anniversary but we didn't do much (it sort of rained all day throwing a wrench in the road trip I wanted to take, maybe another time). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary Jean! A low-key weekend isn't necessarily a bad thing! LOL

      Delete
  5. To pur district's credit, "Grab and Go".meals are available to ALL residents in the district, age 0-18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just talked to my mom and she said they were told.today at work that they were extend in ng it to ALL students preschool-12th grade as the Ohio governor just signed an order extending it through the end of 2020.

      Delete
    2. Good! Way to go, Ohio. A few people are upset at our age 0-18, and that it isn't need based either. I say #!#- 'em. Who cares if the lunch a parent takes for his 3 month old is eaten by his 10 year-old for an afternoon snack? Or,.if parents are only walking/driving to get the meal for a way to get the kids out to break up the day? Or if thhat 17 year-old is on his break from his part time job, and wanted a snack? he $ is thereto feed thekids kids,.so use it to feed the kids. You literally only have to walk or drive by and say how many meals you need..period. (I almost don't despise our district because of this, frankly.) Our food service manager, a neighbor, says to please use the service. It is money they have already spent, and money they may lose when schools reopen if not used...I am not a big fan of the federal lunch program, but any organisation which feeds people for the sake of feeding people....So, Lunch Ladies,.here's to you! Keep fighting the good fight!

      Delete