Saturday, August 22, 2020

Last Week of Summer Vacation

Happy Saturday afternoon! Hope everyone is having a good Saturday with whatever you are doing. This week has been the last full week of Summer vacation for the kids. They start back to school on Tuesday in a hybrid schedule. I have been getting some cleaning and organizing done, as well as trying to get outside walking when I can. I have also been dealing with some stress induced ailments this week-- including back pain and several days of headaches. :( 

The cats have been very affectionate lately and crazy. I had to laugh the other day as they were laying on my bed with me and then they both ran to the window. There were birds just outside my bedroom window and was antagonizing them. LOL 



We spent time outside with a couple walks at Ariel. I took the kids one afternoon when Bill was working a double shift.



 

Then yesterday Bill, the kids and I went for a 3 mile walk at Ariel. It was a fun walk-- the kids even found 2 painted rocks. We did have part of the fun interrupted though when a dog came over to the boys and started jumping on them and scared them. The owners (who were older grandparent types) didn't really try to put it on a leash, even though dogs are supposed to be leased in the park. 










Thursday morning I spent some time with my mom. Bill was off so he stayed home with the kids. My mom and I went to the book warehouse (where she stocked up on books to read while she is recovering from her surgery at the beginning of October), the farmer's market and a thrift store. My dinner that night was extra tasty and fresh. The corn was absolutely delicious! 


Yesterday afternoon was the last day I will have "A" for a while as her mom is being induced on Wednesday morning to have their son! I am so excited for them as I know how long they have been trying including having to get shots, etc. Yesterday afternoon, I took out a sketch book that I had and some paints and did a little painting therapy. It was fun and I need to make time to paint more often as I do like it. 


Also last night we watched "The One and Only Ivan" on Disney+. It was a cute movie based on a true story. Rebecca had read the book a couple of years ago and it always intrigued me. 


Today, I have been cleaning house and doing laundry. I deep cleaned our living room, moving furniture and sweeping and dusting with the help of the boys. The boys and I also are watching the live action "Beauty and the Beast" movie this afternoon which I love. Ben came over in tears and said "They are doing something bad" talking about the scene were Gaston and the villagers are heading to the Beast's castle to kill him. He is such an empathetic child. 

Not sure what else we will get into today. I need to go flip laundry though and finish my to do list. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!   

6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Your painting is beautiful!!!!!!!
    Enjoy the last few remaining days of summer with your kiddos.
    You sure made it a great one for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying the painting. Anything that de-stresses you is a good thing.
    I am going to start swimming twice a day just to relieve stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love swimming too, but unfortunately have no where to swim. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely painting-good for you finding something productive t destress. Y have so much on your plate. I love the picture with the poking though the trees. I will keep your mom in my good thoughts. She seems so brave-and planning ahead to be able to read in her recuperation. My daughters college will be ort of hybrid-I hope the college kids remain sensible-it really is up to them if they can keep school open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My mom is a very brave woman. I agree, I hope college kids take heed (we have 2 colleges in our town) and remain sensible. We shall see. I hope your daughter stays healthy!

      Delete