Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Blogmas 2020 Day 2: Our 24 Hour Delay Day Fun and Winter Wonderland

 Happy Wednesday everyone! We made it to the middle of the week. Now it is just downhill from here, or something like that. 😀

Today the kids are back to school after their "24 hour delay" day that they had yesterday. I thought I would hop on here real quick before my tutoring kiddos arrive. (Truth be told, I hopped on here, wrote some and then one of my tutoring kiddos showed up. I worked with him and then went to Walmart and came back home and ate while watching an episode of The Crown on Netflix. Now I am back to finish up this post! Just keeping it real!) 

Yesterday we had a good day, for the most part. I made chicken and noodles in the crockpot for dinner. A dish that I hadn't made since last winter and the boys each got 2 bowls full. Last year they wouldn't eat it at all. They both said it was super yummy. I also made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread.



I also went into the closet of doom yesterday to see if I could find Rebecca's snow boots from last year (I had gotten her a size bigger last year as that was all they had! I don't mind if their boots are big). That was where the mouse had ran after we trapped it in the bathroom. So I was jiggling the door handle and making a lot of noise so it would hide. Well, when I opened the door, it was under the door dead. I think it was the poison trap that Bill had put in the room as part of it was eaten. So I had to scoop it up to dispose of it. Well, an empty Temptations cat treat box did the trick. Gives a whole new meaning to cat treats! 😂 I am thankful it is dead and am hoping it was a freak occurrence as we have not heard any mice or seen any mouse droppings anywhere.  



After lunch, the kids and I went out to play in the snow. It was pretty cold but being the first snow the kids loved it. Thankfully I had gotten the boys boots and snow pants a few weeks ago at the thrift store so we were all set. The kids had a blast!










Just as we were coming inside, my babysitting kiddo "A" came. I only have her 2 days a week now as she is in preschool. I made hot chocolate for everyone topped with marshmallows of course! 




After "A" left, I worked on some things around the house. Starting laundry and putting plastic up on some of the windows. I ran out so had to pick more up at Walmart. (I think we did pretty good though considering I didn't have to buy any last year as we were using up what we had).

Yesterday wasn't all fun and games though as Bill and I had another stressful day over his job and his anger and other issues. Not sure what the resolution to that is. 

Well, I have to go pick the kids up from school soon and then tutor later this afternoon, so I will wrap this up with another favorite Christmas song of mine... "Winter Wonderland." Enjoy.  

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! 

3 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like your children had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best mom ever!
    Not only playing in the snow, but HAVING the snow clothes ready to go!
    I remember waiting until it had snowed and digging through things to find that all their clothes were too small! LOL
    Your dinner sounds delicious, and the pumpkin bread too.
    I hope you are safe and cozy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than that first snow fall-followed b hot chocolate. I'm sorry about your stress. I hadn't realized the new job was not working well for him.

    ReplyDelete