Thursday, December 3, 2020

Blogmas 2020 Day 3: Afternoon Fun and Have a Holly Jolly Christmas


Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a good day. The sun was out for a while today and it was so nice. I took this picture as we were sitting in the school drop off line this morning. Blue sky, the moon was still really visible and it was just a pretty way to start the busy day.

I am finally getting a chance to sit down for a moment while dinner is cooking in the oven. It has been one of those days. Woke up with a stress rash on my neck that hurt. Took the kids to school. Went to the grocery store to get a couple things needed and was dismayed by the people there not distancing and just being grumpy. Got home and did some laundry. Babysat "A." Picked kids up from school and did homework with Ben and got dinner put in the oven (fish and baked potatoes). Now I am typing this up while the potatoes bake. 

A highlight of my day today was the joy of being a kid again while I played with "A." We played several games of "Pop the Pig" and colored a few pictures out of a Christmas Disney coloring book. We read a couple of Christmas stories as well. It was just a fun afternoon. She also played with a stuffed Christmas toy that I have that is the Abominable Snow Monster from "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" cartoon. We had fun dancing to the song that it plays...so I thought I would share that song with you today. 

I present Burl Ives and "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"...

Tonight I think we are going to watch the Disney Holiday Sing-Along that we recorded earlier in the week. My kids love to sing and dance along to these so it should be fun. Are you doing anything fun tonight? 

Hope everyone has a nice evening! 

 

7 comments:

  1. You certainly do entertain kids you babysit! Pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try as if I keep them entertained they are less likely to be whiny or get in trouble!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful thing to see! We never see pretty snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really pretty. A lot of it melted yesterday but still a little bit on the ground today. My sister, who lives up in Cleveland, got almost 2 feet! LOL

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that song!
    It is Christmas for me!
    So happy you get to enjoy all the fun with her.
    I was just thinking how much I miss all that!
    Nothing new here. Quiet and cozy!
    Have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet and cozy is a good thing! Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. My youngest (now 16!) used to have Pop the Pig, I remember that one being a fun. You shared my all-time favorite Christmas song here. I'm a snob about it though and turn off the Michael Bubble (spelling?!) version. I can tolerate Faith Hill's rendition but she's about the only one. Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete