Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Cookies, Christmas Lights, and More

Happy Wednesday everyone! How is your day going so far? The boys are watching "American Ninja Warrior" and Rebecca is still sleeping (typical teenager. )Here the sun is out for the moment after being cloudy the first couple days and rain and snow is predicted for the next few days. I can't complain about snow... it looks like we may (fingers crossed) have a white Christmas.

Yesterday I really wasn't feeling very Christmas-y. Found out in the morning that my Great Aunt Sis has been placed in hospice care while battling dementia and other health issues. Makes me sad as I was just thinking about her the other day. When we were kids she always bought my cousins and I Avon Christmas ornaments; my Grandma would buy her grandkids ornaments as well. It is a sweet memory. Also, found out that my mom was at the ER with what they are thinking is kidney stones. I am thankful that the CT scan showed that and nothing to do with her colon cancer. However still sucks. She was back at home last night with pain meds and medicine to dilate her kidney tubes to hopefully help pass the stone naturally. Having had kidney stones I know the kind of pain that it is. 

In the afternoon, the kids wanted to make some cookies. Honestly I wasn't feeling it but I know that it is important for the kids. Rebecca made peanut butter kiss cookies almost 100% by herself. The boys each made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I made up a batch of sugar cookie dough that we will roll and cut out and bake later today.


 

As we were finishing up cookies, I got a text from a friend who told me to check my back porch. A fellow mom friend left us a Christmas card, a batch of chili mix, and 2 canned jars of apple pie moonshine (for the adults only!).



After Bill got home from work, we heated up leftovers for dinner and then decided to do one of our annual traditions. We drove around our city looking at Christmas lights. (I know there are drive through places about an hour from here, but they are so popular that you sit in traffic for 1+ hours just to enter the drive through lights and they run upwards of $30 a car. Driving around our neighborhoods is free except for a little gas in the car.) We saw some pretty displays. 







Today, I am planning on making the sugar cookies with the kids. I also need to wrap the last few Christmas presents. I put a roast in the crockpot for Mississippi Pot Roast. I have been wanting mashed potatoes so that sounded good. 

I will leave you with another favorite Christmas song getting us some energy to finish those last minute Christmas tasks...

What are you guys up to today?   

6 comments:

  1. Great for the kids to make the cookies. I am force feeling Christmas a bit, but it helps take the world woes off my head a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot read this, so stopped when I saw the red print. It hurts my eyes as I said in another comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I am sorry. I didn't realize that the red hurt your eyes. I changed it back to black so hopefully that will be better. I just thought the red was Christmasy.

      Delete
  3. Those cookies look great. Your kids did a good job. Enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete