Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the holiday weekend

Happy Sunday night everyone! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a good weekend. We ended up having a very nice Christmas Eve and Christmas and really weekend too. 

One of our traditions for Christmas Eve is that we eat out at a local restaurant and leave a nice tip. Well, this being the unusual year that it is we got takeout from our local Mexican place for Bill and I and the kids asked for McDonalds. Bill picked the food up, which was good as it was snowing pretty good. The weather forecast had originally said we "might" get 1-3 inches of snow. Well, we ended up with 8+ inches of snow on Christmas Eve evening through Christmas morning. We were thrilled to get a white Christmas. 




After dinner, Ben noticed a package on our porch and it was new pajamas from "Mrs. Claus." It is our tradition to get new pajamas on Christmas Eve. This year we all got black and white checked pants and new elf shirts. After dinner, we relaxed by watching "Elf" on TV and then the kids headed off to bed. 





After we brought down presents and filled stockings, Bill and I headed to bed as well.



On Christmas morning, the kids were thrilled to find that Santa had come. Even Rebecca was up early... I guess Christmas is one day that teenagers get up earlier than 11. LOL 




They loved their gifts from Santa-- Ben received 2 action figures (Captain Marvel and Valkyrie). Jacob received a football action figure set. Rebecca received 2 music CDs from her favorite musicians. They also enjoyed their gifts from us.  We all received fuzzy blankets from Santa. I received a nice lap desk from Bill. Bill received a new hoodie and a book from me. Even the kitties got stockings with Temptations treats and a new collar for each in them. It was a nice, low key Christmas morning. 











After opening presents, we just hung out and relaxed and chilled. 



In the afternoon, we headed out to my parents house. The kids were thrilled to go sledding at Nanny and Pappy's house. It was super fun even though it was super cold (the high temperatures were like 12 degrees).








 

We exchanged gifts and enjoyed an appetizer dinner. We also enjoyed playing Rummy and enjoying shots of Fireball whiskey. It was a great day and we are blessed to be able to spend time with them. My niece kept telling me she had missed me as I hadn't been over for 3 weeks due to our COVID diagnoses and quarantining.








 

Saturday and today the kids have been playing with their new toys. We have just been relaxing. Last night we watched "Soul" on Disney+. I will admit that I was disappointed in it. It was just an okay movie. Today, we spent more time outside playing in the snow as temperatures were in the 30s. It was a lot of fun. We also played some board games. 









It has been a very fun holiday weekend and I am striving to focus on the good and the way we are blessed. 

How was your Christmas? How is your weekend going? 

5 comments:

  1. I was so ill that I did nothing, no cooking, nothing. Plus, I got no presents, just watched Tommy open four presents from me. But, I enjoyed reading about your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did enjoy the pictures and your recounting of the day. Christmas is so much more fun when you share it with kids! It looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The faces on the kids as they come down the stairs!!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you had such a nice Christmas! (Must comment here and point out that I can help "Santa" out if there's trouble finding the proper shade of Chiefs red in football jersey in those parts, no need to settle for clothing a child in that buccaneers color ;) LOL). Our Christmas started late as well, I miss the days of early starts already. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your Christmas celebration and holidays, which are amazing. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge on Chrisma's party. Keep sharing more pictures with us. Now it's time to get party bus dc for more information.

    ReplyDelete