Saturday, December 19, 2020

Quarantine is over, Hamilton Lights, and Christmas Saves the Year

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope everyone is healthy and well. Today our COVID quarantine is officially over. I don't really have any plans on going anywhere though as I still do not feel 100%. Bill did go out a little earlier to Walmart to pick up stocking stuffers he said. 

We are doing okay. The kids are back to feeling 100% well. Bill is mostly feeling better. He still has a slight cough and only about 60-70% of his taste and smell back but we have been told that that could last a long time. I have a cough, am still a little fatigued and only have about 20% of my taste/smell back. The loss of taste and smell is so weird. This morning as I was showering, I could very faintly smell my body wash but could not smell my shampoo at all. I can taste vanilla, cherry, chocolate, and cinnamon very lightly but cannot taste orange juice or sausage as an example. It is just weird. 

We have been blessed many times over this 2 weeks of quarantine. We had a very unexpected blessing from a friend in a different state. Then, a mom whose child I teach in our PSR class and whose daughter is friends with Rebecca dropped off frozen pizza, Oreos and pretzels one day on the porch. 


This past week my mom and dad sent over Dominos pizza for dinner and my mom made a porch drop off of cookies for the kids and Salted Caramel Baileys for me. Then yesterday she texted me wanting to know if I needed anything from the grocery store. I asked her to drop off 2 gallons of milk. She did that AND she dropped off fireball whiskey and chocolate for me. She must think I really need it! LOL




 

We also had a friend drop off KFC for us one night. 



We have been blessed with prayers and good wishes. I am thankful that we seem to be on the mend and that my kids are feeling much better. We will probably continue to lay low for this coming week and just recuperate. We might get out to take a nature walk or two but other than that we have no plans.   

The kids have been doing virtual school at home. The last few days Jacob hasn't had very much work and his teacher emailed me yesterday to say that she was giving him a free day as she had been out of the building all week because she had contracted COVID. :( 

This past week brought some snow to our area. The kids went out to play in it and made a snowman that they named Popeye. I was watching "It's A Wonderful Life" while they did, and then I went out to take a few photos and get about 10 minutes of fresh air. They also went out to play yesterday for a bit.







Since we have been in quarantine, I have been spending a lot of time resting. Some of that time has been spent laying on the couch scrolling through social media and looking up topics online to read about. I wanted to share something that I found that made me smile. If you are a fan of the musical "Hamilton" you will enjoy this light display that is set to the music. 

Speaking of sharing things, Rebecca asked me to share this music video with you. She told me when I started posting Christmas music videos again to please share this one. It really is a poignant song. So here is "Christmas Saves the Year" by Twenty-One Pilots. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying well!  


 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you all are recovering. I struggle to read the red print on your post. It is thready, like it is only a light print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are all on the mend. What kind people you hav ein your life, but then, you do so many kind things for others, it should come full circle. I laugh at your friends frozen pizza,oreos, and Doritos! Is that not one mom to another help-she gets it. The kids look like they are enjoying the snow-love the leaves in the snowmen,and Popeye, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had people to help you out during your quarantine! That is awesome. Also very happy everyone is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covid has disrupted so many things, and I am glad you are on the mend. I do hope you get your sense of taste back sooner rather than later.
    Happy snow day for the kids!

    ReplyDelete