Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Things we've been up to since Christmas

Happy Wednesday of the week between Christmas and New Years! Otherwise known as the week I have to check the calendar multiple times daily to see what the day of the week is and/or the date. LOL How has everyone's week been so far? 

Around here, Bill has been working. The boys have been playing with their new Christmas toys and watching lots of "American Ninja Warrior" shows on Peacock. Currently as I am typing this, Benjamin is playing a WWE wrestling game on the Wii that Jacob got for Christmas. Jacob has asked if we could watch "Hamilton" after Ben gets done, so we will do that. Rebecca is upstairs in her bedroom messing around with art, her music, or online. Updated: She is now downstairs in the living room watching Hamilton with us.  I have been doing this and that this week. 

Monday, the kids and I went on a nice walk on the Kokosing Gap Trail at Kenyon. We walked for 2 miles and it made me so tired. COVID fatigue is so real. 





Even though I was tired I was able to clean out and inventory our freezer and pantry items. I was able to make out a menu plan for the entire month of January. I am participating in a pantry challenge in a Facebook group that I belong to. My goal for the challenge is to clean enough out of my big freezer that I am able to defrost it. I never got it defrosted over the summer like I typically do and it really needs it. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to fill out 90% of the ingredients needed for the month and will only need to fill in fresh stuff and cheese. 



Tuesday, the kids and I went to Kroger and did some grocery shopping picking up the things that we need to get through the end of next week. We had a low key kind of day other than that. I made tacos for dinner and then after dinner we ended up playing many rounds of "Bananagrams" as a family. This a great game for practicing spelling. Bill won most of the rounds, but Rebecca and I each won 1. It was a lot of fun.

 
 

I took the kids to Walmart this morning to use gift cards that they had received in November. Actually, Rebecca used hers last night when I ordered her a guitar online. Ben and Jacob wanted to use theirs. Ben ended up getting a magic 8 ball, a matching game and a matchbox car with his. Jacob couldn't find anything, so when we came home he asked me to order him a Ronda Rousey action figure (which I did). I also needed to get Jacob a new pair of tennis shoes as he is so rough on his shoes. I found a pair on clearance for $9. That is good for me. 

Since we have been home I have made lunch, done 2 loads of laundry and now I am sitting typing this up. It is raining outside and cold and dreary. 

Tonight and tomorrow will be spent straightening up the  house for the new year-- doing all the laundry, trash out, etc. We will be having our annual fancy appetizer dinner for New Year's Eve. I also want to spend some time finalizing some goals and hopes for 2021.  

What have you guys been up to? Any plans for New Year's Eve or New Year's day? 

7 comments:

  1. You've done a lot more tired than I usually do when I'm 100%, LOL! My youngest has plans for NYE (an annual party at friends, small gathering) but none of the rest of us do (yet, I'm sure my oldest won't be hanging out with us). I just picked up some snacks at the store so it's probably going to be a low-key thing around here. Making black-eyed peas for New Year's Day (always do). Not too exciting. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you continue to feel better & recover!

    We are driving all day tomorrow (NYE) to head back home after a couple of weeks in Oregon. We should hopefully be home in time for a late dinner, so we'll likely also do appetizers, but with a frozen pizza or something quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played bananagrams one night, and loved it. Now, I want one! We are sitting right here with some chip and dip for NYE. New Year's Day will be very low key and at home. I love pictures of your walks with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better, but I'm sure bouncing back has been tough. I love your meal plan! I have told myself I have got to be better about that this next year! We have a quiet NYE at home planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I've enjoyed reading your blog. We have been on the Kokosing trail; we travel to ride bike trails mostly around Ohio. The Kokosing was one of the best. I was hit with Epstein Barr virus chronic fatigue back in the eighties. The fatigue lasted a few months, then good day, bad day, two good days, etc. It does get better. Oh, we live in Van Wert Ohio. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are finally getting together with my daughter and son in law after both tested positive the Sunday before Christmas. The last day I was near her was December 16. Can't wait to hold her. Both were very mild cases with loss of taste and smell for about 5 days. We are blessed. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amongst the many social media marketing companies in Dubai, Emeriosoft is the leading service provider. Their team of professionals are well versed in their jobs . It includes designers, digital marketers, web developers and more. Check out our website for more information.

    ReplyDelete