Monday, December 21, 2020

Weekend happenings and food pickup

Happy Monday everyone! Is everyone ready for Christmas? I can't believe it is Christmas week! Today is the winter solstice, otherwise the day with the shortest amount of sunlight of the year. Well that is probably true because it is only 3:19 here and it is already darker than normal outside. Weird. It is very cloudy and drizzly out as well.

This weekend we had similar weather. Cloudy and drizzly. Yesterday I got up early and went to the grocery store to get a few things that we needed. One nice thing about trying to have a full pantry/freezer is that even after being in quarantine for 2 weeks I still have a lot of food in the house. 

Yesterday the boys were thrilled to be able to attend their last basketball clinic. They thoroughly enjoyed the clinic put on by the high school coaches and players. 


While the boys were at basketball, Bill, Rebecca and I took the opportunity to take a walk on the bike path. It was nice to get out of the house and in nature for a while. 





Last night for dinner I made a baked pasta dish. Basically it is cooked penne pasta, a jar of marinara, a jar of alfredo sauce, and cheese mixed together and baked off. I also added Italian sausage. It was super yummy and my kids and Bill asked me to make it like that again. (Usually I just use 2 jars of regular pasta sauce and hamburger.) 



After dinner, the kids were able to color in some cookies that my mom had dropped off earlier in the week. They were prebaked and came with markers to color in the Santa picture with. The kids said the cookies were very sugary. They enjoyed the activity though. 






Today Bill is back to work after our COVID quarantine. The kids and I went over the high school to pick up breakfast and lunch meals. The school district is providing meals for all the kids over break. They have never done this before, but I think due to the pandemic they are doing it this year. My mom works for the food service program and she said they had 3500 kids who had been signed up. The kids got 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches and a gallon of milk each for the week.




Since we got back home, I have been busy trying to get some things done in the house.  I have done a couple of loads of laundry. I have cleaned both bathrooms which were in desperate need and both litter boxes for the kitties. I have been trying not to overdue it. I would clean something, then sit and take a rest. 

Right now the boys are watching TV and Rebecca is up in her room making music. I have laundry to fold so I should probably hop to it.  

What are you guys up to today? I hope you enjoy this Monday! 


2 comments:

  1. The cookie activity sound sfun. That is a lot of kids to pack lunches and breakfasts for. I'm finally caught up with wrapping-been pushing it off but now feel like we are ont he home stretch to our very subdued Christmas.

    ReplyDelete