Thursday, December 24, 2020

Park, Sugar Cookies, Aunt Sis, and Christmas Eve

Happy Thursday everyone! AND a happy Christmas Eve to everyone! Is everyone ready for Christmas? I am, I think.

Yesterday the weather around here was perfect. It was 55 degrees and sunny. So I took the kids over to the park to walk and throw rocks. The kids were thrilled that parts of the lakes had a very thin layer of ice so they could throw rocks on the ice. It is the little things. 






After we got home and the kids ate lunch, we made sugar cookies to decorate. I don't know what happened with our dough this year, but the first batch the dough was really hard and didn't want to roll out at all. So I ended up throwing that out. The second batch was softer but still didn't really want to roll out very well. We got enough to work though and they still tasted good. 





I was going to make my own icing to frost them, but after the fiasco with the dough I asked Bill to run to the store to pick up a couple of cans of frosting. He said that the baking aisle was packed and they had 1 can of vanilla frosting left. He did find a can of funfetti that did not have the sprinkles mixed in. We made it work and decorated cookies after dinner. 














Today, I wrapped the last few gifts (ones that we ordered for the kids from the in-laws). Bill worked until around 1pm. He got home just as the rain we were seeing turned over to ice/snow. It looks like we might have a white Christmas after all. 


Some very sad news today. My Great Aunt Sis passed away early this morning. She was the last remaining biological great Aunt on my dad's side of the family. (I still have 2 great Aunts living but they married into the family). In a way it was kind of sweet that she passed away on what was her youngest brother's birthday. My grandpa, great uncles and now Great Aunt get to celebrate in Heaven.


Tonight, we are getting take out from our local Mexican restaurant for Bill and I and then we will get McDonalds for the kids. Tonight we will watch "Elf" as a family before the big guy comes over night to all those who have been good. 

So with that my family is ready for our Christmas festivities to begin so I will sign off and wish you all a Merry Christmas!  

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt. I've enjoy keeping up with your family here in blogland. Hope you have a wonderful and joyful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well! :)

      Delete
  2. The cookie decorating looks like a hit. I would never have thrown out that dough because I would have done something with it, especially eat it. I think if you use red and bold type, it would have been better, but now I can read. I am so sorry about your aunt. I hope it does not forever dampen the Christmas joy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. We had a nice Christmas and I hope you did too.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry for your loss, but love your attitude about it.
    I love all the cookie pictures!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. You seem to be rememberibg her with joy, and not just grief, which I'm sure helps. Way to persevere on the cookies. I am horrible at cutout cookies.

    ReplyDelete