Friday, December 30, 2022

Ears pierced, walking, and out to eat

Happy Friday! The last one of 2022...

First of all, thank you for all the well wishes for my current health struggles. Thankfully insurance covered my phosphorus medication so we shall see if that helps. I started taking it last night so we shall see.

Yesterday, was a monumental day for Rebecca. One of the things she wanted for Christmas was to get her ears pierced. She has been wanting them pierced for a while, however there was no place close to have them done. We would have had to drive over an hour away to get it done. That changed in November when we found out that they now offered ear piercing at the salon that we get our hair cut at. For Christmas she received a box of earrings, and I told her she also had an appointment to get her ears pierced. Last night was the night... She was excited but nervous to get them done, but now she has holes in her ears!



Today was supposed to be a day for taking down the Christmas decorations and getting the house back in order. Well, Mother Nature and sleeping in had other plans. The kids let Bill and I both sleep in this morning. Then we decided that since it was 60 degrees outside that we would go take a family walk. It was a nice walk on the bike path and while we were walking the sun broke through the clouds. (On another note, the temperature today was a 100-degree difference from the real feel temperature a week ago when it was -40 degrees! Crazy Ohio weather!) 





 

After coming home, showering and eating, I focused on folding some laundry, while Bill took down the outside lights and the Christmas tree from the living room. Then we both kind of ran out of steam. So, I will finish tomorrow. 

Tonight, we went out to dinner at our local Mexican restaurant. It is our tradition to go out to eat on Christmas Eve and to leave the server a nice tip (above what we normally leave). Well, since we were under a Level 3 emergency on Christmas Eve which didn't allow any driving, we had to postpone. Tonight, was our makeup night. A story about this, is that we had some help with funding from a Secret Santa. About a week before Christmas, we received a card in the mail with no return address and in it was money and a note to enjoy our Christmas Eve dinner on Santa. It was a true blessing. I swear the handwriting on the card looked familiar, but I can't place it, but it is obviously someone who knows about our tradition. I am thankful for that person, and it made our dinner even better. 



For the rest of tonight, I am going to be working on my goals for 2023... they are mainly going to be health related. I am also thinking through some other challenges I might want to do in 2023... Another blogger mentioned trying to blog for 365 days and I am thinking I *might* try that, as I have enjoyed being able to blog more these last 2 weeks. 

What about you? Are you thinking about goals for 2023? Blogging more? Do you have your ears pierced? Do you still have your Christmas decorations up? 

  

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Rebecca! I’m so glad she could get that done. I waited until I was 19 to have the courage to get my ears pierced. Ha! I was so afraid, but it turned out to be totally fine! I’m so glad you were able to get your medicine covered. I sure hope this will be exactly what you need. And hooray for being able to enjoy some warmer weather! We have our AC on now. A far cry from right before Christmas when we were at 8 degrees! Sending my best wishes for a happy new year in case I don’t pop on tomorrow. I love your blog and glad to have you as a blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is the last picture and bare arms in this post! Great!
    I am allergic to nickel, too. I hope this works for her. She looks so happy.
    Remember, children can fold clothes, too. Maybe they need to start folding. Your dinner sounds like a fun trip made even better by generosity. Remember--blogging every day does not have to be writing every day. Post pictures or funny things you see and let that work for some days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember when I last skipped a day blogging, so might have made 365. You have a lovely tradition that helps someone else too. Rebecca looks so pretty, her smile radiates. Have a Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete