Saturday, December 17, 2022

I am on Christmas break!

 Happy Saturday everyone from cold, snowy Ohio! Today it is grey, cold and we are having snow flurries although none of it is sticking. I have good news and bad news. 

I'll start with bad news... our oven is broken. It doesn't want to heat. :( I went to make pizza for the kids last night and after preheating for 20 minutes and not signally it was ready, I opened the oven, and it was barely warm. I wrapped the pizzas back up and put them back in the freezer. Rebecca made the boys and her chicken nuggets in the air fryer instead. Bill texted our landlord this morning, and they are supposed to come out Monday morning to see if they can fix it. Thankfully, I have an air fryer, the stovetop and a crockpot to make meals. I hope it is an easy fix, as I would like to make Christmas cookies with the kids this week. 

Now to the good news... the kids and I are officially on Christmas break! Yesterday was our last day of school/ work for the year. It is one of the benefits of working in a school. Also, we were able to get to break without any of us getting sick, which is a miracle. (Although Ben did wake up this morning with a runny nose.)

Yesterday at work, I received a lovely candle and a candy cane from 2 students. And our maintenance man gave me a bottle of Fireball Whiskey. LOL 




Last night, Bill and I went out to dinner with my coworker and her husband at our local Mexican restaurant. I had an azul margarita that was pretty yummy! It had a lot of alcohol in it (it was their original lime margarita with blue curacao added to it) and I was a little tipsy when we got home. The kids thought it was hilarious. It was a nice way to start Christmas break though. 



Also, Bill decided to go with a new hairdo. He decided to shave his head. I think it looks good. He has been talking about doing this ever since we met (way back in 2004) but I didn't think he would ever do it. 



Today, I am working on laundry and just chilling. I am ready to not always be on the go for the next 2 weeks. I need to take Rebecca and Ben out to shop for their siblings. I already took Jacob a couple weeks ago. I need to wrap presents. 

How are your holiday preparations going? 

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break! As an elementary school teacher I am ready for mine :) We are going another week and then won't go back until January 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being well on break. Boo for the broken oven--maybe it is just a thermostat or element. It sounds like a thermostat. When, my thermostat was broken, the fire department came and unplugged the stove since they said it was dangerous. Just a heads up. I like Bill's head...lol. It still seems there is hair there, maybe just a shadow. Good luck on the oven fix. Maybe you could make drop cookies and still decorate those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a shadow of hair. I think he is regretting it though with the freezing temperatures we are going to have this week.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time off. I feel like everyone has time off but me. Still, I'm soaking up any free or down time. I have cookies to make and need to find krumkake for my son to freeze until January 4th when he'll be here. I hope the oven gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. I hope you get opportunity to rest.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas break! Hope the stove is an easy fix, maybe just the pilot light? Wouldn't that be nice. Glad you have some other options for cooking while you wait. You received some really nice gifts there. And I think I need an azul margarita, that looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The azul margarita was yummy and very strong! lol

      Delete