Monday, December 19, 2022

 Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Saturday, I didn't go anywhere. I stayed home and puttered around. Bill took the kids out shopping and then he stopped and picked up lunch. Apparently, this is what makes up a Big Mac these days...


Nothing between the top and middle bun, no cheese, no onion, only 1 patty. LOL It's another sign to me that I need to watch portions and I need to focus on eating for health. That is going to be one of my new year's
 resolutions. 

Saturday was spent watching football. As Bill was excited that there was NFL games on. 

Yesterday, the kids and I went to mass. Then came home and I dropped the boys off. I took Rebecca to the store to buy Christmas presents for her brothers. When I came home, Bill took Benjamin out to buy for his siblings. When they came home, I retreated to my bedroom to wrap presents. I got the Santa gifts wrapped, and the gifts that I bought for Bill and the kids. While doing this, I watched the last 2 episodes of the Meghan and Harry documentary on Netflix, and another episode of the Crown. I am hoping to get the gifts wrapped that go to my parents' house today. 

Today, we have just been relaxing. Bill is working a 12-hour shift today. It is all part of the joy of working retail during the Christmas season. The kids and I started watching the Beauty and the Beast 30th anniversary special but quickly tuned out as it was weird. So, we turned on the live action Beauty and the Beast movie. This afternoon, I will put on a Christmas movie-- maybe "It's a Wonderful Life" or something else. We shall see. 

I also need to make a grocery list (first need to find out what I need to bring to Mom and Dad's on Christmas). We are expecting a big winter storm towards the end of the week, so I also need to prep for that. Maybe it will mean a white Christmas. 

What's going on in your neck of the woods? Ready for the holidays? 

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for the retail workers. Tell Bill thank you! I'm pretty set for food, but now need to do some cooking later in the week. Enjoy your dien time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your weekend sounds perfect! And it sounds as if you are all set for the big day! We are also supposed to get a storm later in the week, so perhaps it will be a white Christmas. Have a cozy evening, my friend!

    ReplyDelete