Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Busy Day

 Happy Tuesday! Everyone doing well out there in blog world? I'm doing okay. I made the mistake of taking all 3 kids to the grocery store with me this morning, a couple days before a winter storm and a major holiday. What was I thinking?!?! It was crazy. The good news though is that I shouldn't have to get anything else at the store until late next week, when we will probably need milk and produce. 

I had to make sure that we had things to cook that didn't require the oven. Our landlord came out yesterday morning and found the problem with the oven. However, the replacement part he had didn't work and his supplier doesn't even carry the part anymore since the oven is so old. He said he would work on maybe finding a part, but who knows. It is frustrating, but it is what it is. 

The worst part is not being able to bake cookies with the kids. However, we will be going to my mom's house tomorrow to bake some cookies for Christmas. 

Today, Rebecca asked if she could make Oreo snowman cookies, so she has been working on that since they don't require the oven. Her and Ben are currently putting faces on them. They will be a tasty treat.


 

Today, the sun is out, and it seems like it is the calm before the storm. I have been pretty busy. Had to go to CVS to pick up a prescription for me and okay a prescription to be filled for Jacob. Then to Kroger. Home. Ate lunch. Took Jacob to pick up his new glasses and back to CVS to pick up his prescription. Thankfully all these errands are less than a mile from my house. 

In a bit, I will make spaghetti for dinner and then tonight Rebecca and I have church choir practice. We will be practicing all the Christmas music for this weekend. I am also working on laundry as well today. My goal is to have it done by Thursday morning. 

What are you guys up to today? 

8 comments:

  1. I do need one more half gallon of milk, lettuce, and bananas at the grocery. Since it will be 20F here on Friday, I don't want to be out. Baking season is a bad time to not have an oven. Hopefully, he gets around to fixing it soon or replacing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do hate you’re having to wait for that part. I hope it can be found soon! Glad y’all can bake your cookies at your moms. I’m going to be trying to get our house together before Thursday, too. We are expecting very, very cold temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is time for the landlord to buy a new stove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to our lease, he doesn't have to....

      Delete
  4. I'd advocate that you get a replacement stove. Seems pretty basic with renting a home. We'll be hunkering down for a few days, but hope by Saturday things are good weather wise, even if still cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at our lease, it says it is up to him whether he wants to or not.

      Delete