Thursday, December 29, 2022

Good news and Bad news (and a new recipe)

Happy Thursday everyone! 

Two pieces of good news today to share. First the temperatures are trending in the right direction. Right now, it is 53 degrees right now. Last week on Friday it was -36. That is a huge difference in the span of a week. The boys were happy that the temperatures were going up as they were able to get out and play in the snow. 







The other piece of good news is that the oven is fixed! Yay! It got fixed yesterday morning. I made brownies and then made rice for dinner. 



Speaking of dinner, I tried a new recipe yesterday that was totally awesome. It was for air fryer chicken and broccoli stir fry. Oh, my word, it was so good! The kids and Bill, all loved it as well.




This week the kids and I have also watched several movies that we have never seen before. We watched Thor: Love and Thunder which I would give a grade of an A. It was really good. 



We also watched the original Avatar movie. Ben has been wanting to see it. It was good... I would say that it was a B+ grade. I think there could have been less cursing in the movie. 



Today, we watched The Jungle Cruise with the Rock. It was a good movie as well. I would give it a A- grade. 



Now the bad news. This morning I had to go to a nephrology appointment. My phosphorus levels are very low and have been dropping for the past 6 months. They are super low... they are supposed to be at least 2.4 and mine is 1.4. She is putting me on a phosphorus medication (as long as insurance covers it. She said a lot of times they don't because it is so expensive.) I also had glucose and ketones in my urine. She is hoping that that was a fluke. However, with the low phosphorus there is a chance that it is a symptom of something else. So, I have to go back in a month to have more labs done to see and then we will go from there. One of the goals I have for 2023, is to eat better and to get healthier. Hopefully, that will help. 

Well, that is all for now. In a bit I am taking Rebecca to get her ears pierced as part of her Christmas present. Tomorrow we will be working on taking down the Christmas decorations and putting them away. I will also be working more on making my goals for 2023. 

What are you up today? How's the weather where you are? Have you seen any of these movies? When do you take your Christmas decorations down? 



12 comments:

  1. I'm hoping Al the best for your tests and that insurance covers what your doctor prescribes. It's criminal in my opinion to not when insurance costs so much. Rebecca will love her new way to add different pieces to her looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully insurance did cover the meds. :) I agree our health care system as a whole is a criminal system.

      Delete
  2. I had my ears pierced when I was 30 and they stayed infected for about ten years until I gave up and let them grow together. Of course, I am allergic to metals! And, these were expensive earrings. I take down decorations on NYDay.. We went to Cullman. The weather was 72F. I saaw Avatar and hated it. But, obviously other people did. Hopefully, your meds will be covered. I would hate for you not to receive what you need to live well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my own ears pierced twice and both times they became infected as I am allergic to nickel. These earrings that Rebecca got have no nickel so hopefully there won't be any issues!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for commenting on my post! I would love to have an accountability partner in my health and weight loss journey! Let me know how I can encourage you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to post my health goals on Sunday in my New Year's post!

      Delete
  4. Sending good thoughts for your health & getting what you need to feel better! I haven't watched any of those movies, but we're not big movie watchers, so no surprise there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good thoughts. I am usually not a big movie watcher either but this week just called for movies. :)

      Delete
  5. The pictures of your kiddos in the snow are wonderful.
    Wishing you good luck with your newest health issue. Fingers crossed insurance accepts the meds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thankfully insurance did cover the new med.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are getting some warmer weather as well. They said on the news last night there was a 100 degree difference between the temperature from this week to last. Our weather is warm right now as well. We weren't fans of Avatar in general. Prayers for your medical issues to be minor and resolve quickly. Hooray for a fixed oven! Hope you all have a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today here it reached 62 which is a 100 degree difference from last week. The weather has been crazy. Happy new year to you and your family as well.

      Delete