Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year and Goals for 2023


Happy 2023! Today is the first day of the brand-new
 year. A new beginning and start to the next chapter/year of our lives. 

Before the New Year could begin, we wished the old year away. I would like to say that I stayed awake and played games and ate smores with Bill and the kids, but the reality of last night was that I became exhausted around 10 and so laid down. Bill and the kids played Bananagrams and watched the football game. I woke up around 11:45, came downstairs in time to see Ohio State lose their bowl game, the ball drop, kiss Bill, Ben and Jacob opened our doors and let the old year out and the new year in, and then it was back to bed for me and to bed for everyone else (as Bill had to be at work at 7AM). I know the kids and Bill were disappointed, but I just couldn't stay up. It stinks to not be in great health because I miss out on making memories. 

That is why most of my goals for 2023 revolve around getting healthier. This is the year that I focus on ME! 


Without further ado here are my goals for 2023:

Focus on my health and begin healthier habits:

  • Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. 
  • No pop challenge
  • Exercise at least 20 minutes a day (this can be walking, using my exercise bike, rower, Wii Fit, etc.) 
  • Follow correct portions of foods
  • When eating have half of the plate be veggies and/or fruit, a quarter of the plate be protein, and a quarter be a grain.
  • Try at least 2 new recipes a month 
  • Keep a food journal
  • Weigh in each week (and hopefully lose weight!) 
Focus on things that make ME happy: 

  • Go on at least 2 dates with Bill a month
  • Paint at least 1 time a month
  • Go on a day trip
  • Visit a museum, a zoo, and an aquarium
  • Take a trip with Bill and the Kids
  • Blog 365 days this year (I have decided to *try* to blog every day in 2023. I am following along with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and her Blog 365 challenge.)
So, there you have it. My 14 goals for the year. I am excited to focus on my health and get back on track. I know some things are out of my control like my kidney function and some of my blood levels, but by making healthier choices maybe I can help those regulate. There is something about a brand-new year that brings a sense of hope that we can change ourselves and I AM going to make this year count!! 

Have any of you made goals for this year? Are you following along on the Blog 365 challenge? 

5 comments:

  1. Don't get too worried about other goals that they create stress. Your health must come first. Take it from an old mom that's been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goal list sounds great. I love that you're also going to focus on things that make you happy, good for you! I hope you have a happy year full of great health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got this, girl! You have set some awesome goals and I know this will help with your health. I did manage to stay up until midnight, but I sure was tired the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined in the 365 blog challenge...well gonna at least attempt. arunnersmomandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Health always comes first and then everything tends to fall in place, after that :) Praying for you. And thank you for joining in with the Blog 365. I think it will be a great way to keep us all on track with our blogs, it may be difficult at times, but at the end of the year it will be so much fun to look back on all our posts.

    ReplyDelete