Monday, October 27, 2014

Carving Jack-O-Lanterns

Sunday night, we let the kids carve their pumpkins and make them into jack-o-lanterns. We try to do this the weekend before Halloween so that the pumpkins don't go bad. I have had the pumpkins in our mud room for a couple of weeks as I bought them when I first saw them at Aldi's for $1.99 each!

Well Sunday night was the big night. We readied the table with lots of newspapers and set to work.



Bill and I cut the tops off, and helped the kids de-seed and de-yuckify the insides of their pumpkins. Jacob HATED putting his hand in, while Rebecca did a much better job this year than last year.




After they were de-yuckyfied, then I gave Ben a marker to draw on his and then I cut out his design. Rebecca and Jacob designed both of theirs and Bill helped Jacob cut his out, while Rebecca cut a lot of hers out by herself.




I think they turned out really cute. Rebecca wanted a movie star pumpkin and Jacob wanted a sick pumpkin. Ben's is well....his own design.



We put the jack-o-lanterns on the front porch on glass tables facing the front door, so that the kids can watch them.

Do you carve jack-o-lanterns at your house? 

No comments:

Post a Comment