Monday, October 13, 2014

Jacob's birthday party

Jacob turned 5 years old on Saturday. On Sunday, we invited the grandparents and aunts and uncles over to our house for a late lunch and cake and ice cream to celebrate Jacob's birthday. The weather turned out to be great and I think a fun time was had by all. My parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my sister (who was home from college), my other brother and his wife and 2 kids, and my in-laws came.


I served sloppy joes, chips, a veggie tray and homemade applesauce. Trying to keep it simple for me. We also had cake and Neapolitan ice cream (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) per the birthday boy's request. Jacob decided last week that he wanted "Green Lantern" on his birthday cake. Not the symbol, but the person. So I tried my best...I don't think it is my best cake ever, but the birthday boy loved it so that is what mattered!



Jacob was very blessed with presents! He got several winter outfits, a couple of pairs of pajamas, some toys, legos, playdough, etc. I think he made out! He was very gracious though and gave everyone a hug and told them thank you! Overall, I think the party was a success. Jacob said it was the best birthday party ever!

1 comment:

  1. You guys look adorable. Looks like a really fun party! Wish Conner family good luck for 2018! I am also planning my son’s eighth birthday party. Right now, the search is on to find the nicest one among San Francisco venues. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete