Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. I have been blessed with knowing 2 amazing fathers and having their influence in my life.

My dad and I--Easter 2004
The first father who has had a huge impact on me is my own father. At 55 years old, he is still going strong and is still a source of guidance, counsel and strength in my corner. I truly believe that his love and support has meant a great deal to me and has gotten me through some trying times in my own life. Even at the age of 35, I still go to him for advice (most recently a 3 hour conversation that ended after 1AM in the morning about some decisions that I needed to make).  He is also a wonderful Grandfather to my own kiddos and for that I am truly grateful.


The other father that has had a significant impact on my life is the father of my children, who is also my husband. Bill does everything in his power to make sure that our children are happy and healthy and his decisions are based on is it good for Rachel and the kids. He is an amazing father and partner in this child-rearing business. The kids love him and it is amazing each time he comes home from work and they all run to him yelling "Dada, dada, dada is home!" I am so grateful that I married a man who is a wonderful father and a great husband.

So to my dad and to my husband, I would like to wish a happiest of Father's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment