Monday, June 29, 2015

Menu for this week: starting to eat down the freezer

So there will be NO Grocery store follow up this week. I just don't have the energy to find the receipts, etc. I know I went over our budget. I found a bunch of markdowns at Kroger that I couldn't pass up...including $0.49 a box honey nut cheerios. I just know I went over and it is what it is.

The next 2 weeks my plan is to try to clean out our freezer so that I can defrost it. Hopefully that will work because I really need to get it cleaned out and defrosted. It has been about a year since I have and I try to do it at least once a year.

Softball is now done, so we should be home most evenings for dinner. So I think this week I am not going to assign meals for dinners, but rather list our options and eat down from there....



Breakfasts: 
Cereal and fruit
Yogurt, fruit, granola bar
Scrambled eggs, toast, fruit

Lunches:
bagel bites
spaghettios
sandwiches, chips, fruit

Dinners:
Chicken enchiladas, spanish rice, grilled cheese (for kids), green beans
Taco crescent ring, corn, peaches
Pulled pork sandwiches, oriental slaw, fruit salad, green beans
Smoked sausage, macaroni and cheese, peas
Cheeseburgers, french fries 
Turkey breast (in crockpot), stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls
Hot dogs, baked beans 

There you have it. Our menu for the week! 

What are you fixing at your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment