Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Oriental Ramen Broccoli slaw--- my version

The other day a friend of mine posted a recipe for an Oriental Ramen Broccoli Coleslaw on facebook and it looked really good. It reminded me of the slaw that my husband's aunt brings for summer family get-togethers. I "liked" and "shared" it and my husband's aunt said it was just like hers except she uses chicken ramen, so I decided to try it out but make a few changes. I served it alongside BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and strawberries for a very yummy dinner. Even my husband liked it!

If you would like the original version, here is a link to the recipe. Here is my version.  


1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles
1 package broccoli coleslaw mix (mine was 12 oz)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
4 green onions, chopped (I just snipped mine over the bowl with kitchen scissors)
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
Cashews for topping

Before opening ramen package, crush noodles into 1 inch pieces or smaller. 
Open package and set aside flavor packet.
Place noodles in bottom of bowl. Top with broccoli slaw mix, sunflower seeds and green onions. 
In separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, white vinegar and contents of flavor packet together. 
Pour over slaw. 
Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.  
Right before serving garnish with cashews. (I garnished each serving as my husband doesn't like nuts, but I do so I just mixed them into my portion). 


I think it was super yummy! And I will definitely be making it again this summer. I think it is the perfect compliment to summer dishes! 

Have you tried any new recipes lately? 
What sides do you serve in the summer when it is hot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment