Sunday, February 7, 2021

My 6 goals for 2021: Week 6 of 52

Happy Sunday everyone! Sorry for missing out on week 5 last week. I was dealing with my knee pain that day and really didn't do much of anything. Thankfully my knee is almost back to 100%. Hope you are having a good weekend.

https://www.techradar.com/news/super-bowl-lv-live-stream-2021-how-to-watch-chiefs-vs-buccaneers

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. Which in my house is a national holiday according to Bill and the boys. Ben is super excited that his Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in it. That is all that we have been hearing about! In fact he woke me up this morning with..."Mommy, it's Super Bowl Sunday!" He was also teasing me that my Packers aren't in the game. LOL Tonight we will be watching the game and eating lots of football game type food--- think wings, nachos, etc. 

However, before I find myself doing that, there are other things to do including doing my goals update.    

So my 6 goals for 2021 were: 

Lose weight. 

I plan on achieving this by making a monthly goal to help. January's goals are to limit myself to one pop a day and to exercise/ walk 4 times a week. Ideally I would like to walk, however it is January in Ohio so weather will be a factor. 

I honestly haven't been doing well on this goal this week. Between my knee and stress eating this wasn't the best week at all. It is what it is. 



I have still been doing well with only having one Dr. Pepper a day usually. I have found that I really like Great Value Metabolism Pea Mango Green Tea mix to add to water. It is super yummy and still gives me the caffeine fix that I need.     

Declutter our house. 

It has become messy and full of stuff again. I am not sure how it got so full of stuff again. I am going to follow along with a 52 week decluttering challenge from "Snail Pace Transformations" blog. The author also has a Facebook page that is offering the challenge titled "Snail Pace Clutter Removers." 

In the last 2 weeks (since I missed last weeks update) I have been  able to clean off my desk and go through files, clean off the top of my dresser, and defrost and deep clean our stand up freezer.








Menu Plan, follow it, and blog about it. 

This month I am doing a low spend challenge and am pledging to use up what we have in our big freezer so that I can defrost it. I also made up a monthly meal plan and will blog about it this week. I want to make this a weekly post.

I did okay with the goal this week. I continued with my food posting on Friday:  "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" where I post about what we have been eating. This past week was an good week. I didn't follow everything perfectly but I avoided food waste.  

Be more creative. 

I am wanting to do this for a stress relief more than anything. I got 2 sloth coloring books for Christmas and would like to get in the habit of coloring. I also would like to get back into painting a bit. This could also look like making new recipes in the kitchen, etc. 

Can't really say that I did anything in this category these 2 weeks. I have been reading though.

Be Grateful.

I love Anne's postings of her daily joys that she was doing weekly on her blog "Cooking and All that Jazz." I have a dollar store planner that I plan on putting by my bed and each night recording at least 1 things each day that I am grateful for.

I have been pretty good about doing this. Some of the things I have been grateful for this week include sunshine, snow days, the kids laughing in the snow, modern medicine, etc. 

Show Grace. 

And finally, I have chosen a word for the year....GRACE.  I would like to offer grace to others and to myself. I find at times I have a temper and get annoyed at little things. I would like to take a step back, offer grace to others and move on. I have tried to put this into practice the last 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference in my mental state. 

I am struggling a bit with this. I think it is COVID fatigue, and weather fatigue hitting all at once. I haven't been doing the best at offering grace to others in my house nor to myself. 

So there you have it. It is what it is at this point.   

Did you make goals/resolutions/a list of to-dos for 2021? If so, how are you doing?   

 


10 comments:

  1. I remember having three children in the house. They were supreme clutter makers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a LOT of goals for this year. Declutter, as we are building again, and, with any luck, will be in there before the end of the year, (with the way my luck is going, though, we'll be moving Christmas week.) I also want to have 3 no spend months, (January, March and July). I also want to support DD as she makes her decision about college. To that end, with any luck, Would-Be-College-Boy will be back in a classroom by September as well. You're right, COVID fatigue doesn't only apply to those who have suffered an infection of the virus. I am really leery of making ANY long-term goals in light of the pandemic.
    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the building front. My brother was finally able to return to Marietta for some in-person classes this Semester but he says it is odd.

      Delete
  3. The top of your dresser looks great! February is hard month, I think. Winter hits for real around here in February (Yet, we tend to forget every single winter.) and add in COVID making us more cooped up than ever...Sounds to me like your doing pretty good on all your goals and need to give yourself a lot more of that grace ;) I faltered a bit on my sugar-free week but I've been enjoying a nice magazine this morning (easy goal to meet, LOL). And I'd be remiss if I didn't finish my comment with: Go Chiefs! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the boys enjoy the game-and I agree with the No Packers in the Super Bowl! Goals are good for ambiton, but take it slow and steady and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why the hate on the Packers? LOL I am trying to remember that everything doesn't have to be done now.

      Delete
  5. I agree about covid/weather fatigue! I struggled last summer through our miserable heat wave and covid restrictions. Fall and the holidays helped but now with lots of snow and a polar vortex predicted, my mood is plummeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard. At least in the fall/ summer I was able to get the kids out. Now it is too cold. This too shall pass though so I just have to shoulder on.

      Delete