Monday, February 22, 2021

New Washing Machine and My 6 goals for 2021: Week 8 of 52

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was crazy, as usual. Saturday, I was up early and out the house with Rebecca as she had her "Power of the Pen" tournament. They are doing districts and regionals virtual this year so I just had to take her to her school. One downside is that they won't find out results for 2 weeks. 


In other news our washing machine decided to break down AGAIN on Thursday (as I was washing Rebecca's Power of the Pen shirt!). It was acting similar to the issue that we had in December. Instead of calling the repairman and being told it would be another $400 to fix (that was for the part that he told me would probably go out next), we decided that we would just get a new washer. (We have put over $700 in repairs on the washer in the last year.) I found one that had good reviews and was on sale at Lowes.com. When I looked at it on Friday they said delivery would be middle of this coming week. Ok. Well, when I ordered it on Saturday they said they could deliver it on Sunday between 3:15 and 7:00PM. Even better. However, we needed laundry done and I already had asked my mom if I could come out and do laundry so Rebecca and I headed out there. We spent the day out there doing laundry and looking at Genealogy stuff for my mom's side of the family. While we were out there, I got a call at 12:45 from Lowes saying that their delivery drivers were ahead of schedule and could they deliver around 1:15-1:30. I called Bill and after telling him, he said he had to go because they were there at 12:50. LOL So we now have a new washer. I went with a very basic washer. I did 2 loads this morning and it seems to work great. Hopefully it last longer than our last washer. 


 

Today, I have been puttering around the house. I got a tutoring lesson ready for tonight and then thought I had better text the mom to make sure and her response was "I forgot. We are on a family vacation." URGGGGHHHH!!!! This is not a new client. It irritates me to no end. I need to go do dishes and fold some laundry before picking kids up from school, but I wanted to get my goals update post up for the week first since I didn't do that yesterday. 

So my 6 goals for 2021 were: 

Lose weight. 

I plan on achieving this by making a monthly goal to help. January's goals are to limit myself to one pop a day and to exercise/ walk 4 times a week. Ideally I would like to walk, however it is January in Ohio so weather will be a factor. 

I didn't have a good week. We will just leave it at that.      

Declutter our house. 

It has become messy and full of stuff again. I am not sure how it got so full of stuff again. I am going to follow along with a 52 week decluttering challenge from "Snail Pace Transformations" blog. The author also has a Facebook page that is offering the challenge titled "Snail Pace Clutter Removers." 

I didn't do much of anything for this this week. However, Bill cleaned out several huge trash bags of stuff out of the basement and he threw away an old computer (after smashing in the motherboard). So I am proud of him for getting rid of some things in his domain.  

Menu Plan, follow it, and blog about it. 

This month I am doing a low spend challenge and am pledging to use up what we have in our big freezer so that I can defrost it. I also made up a monthly meal plan and will blog about it this week. I want to make this a weekly post.

I did okay with the goal this week. I continued with my food posting on Friday:  "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" where I post about what we have been eating. This past week was an okay week.  

Be more creative. 

I am wanting to do this for a stress relief more than anything. I got 2 sloth coloring books for Christmas and would like to get in the habit of coloring. I also would like to get back into painting a bit. This could also look like making new recipes in the kitchen, etc. 

I colored a page in my sloth coloring book one night. 

Be Grateful.

I love Anne's postings of her daily joys that she was doing weekly on her blog "Cooking and All that Jazz." I have a dollar store planner that I plan on putting by my bed and each night recording at least 1 things each day that I am grateful for.

I wasn't very grateful this week. I was and am in a pretty bad mood most of the weekend and I know I should be grateful. Just so hard to do when all I seem to face are uphill battles ALL THE TIME. 

Show Grace. 

And finally, I have chosen a word for the year....GRACE.  I would like to offer grace to others and to myself. I find at times I have a temper and get annoyed at little things. I would like to take a step back, offer grace to others and move on. I have tried to put this into practice the last 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference in my mental state. 

I am trying. 

So there you have it--the update on my goals. 

How was your weekend? Anyone else feeling depressed/grumpy lately? What do you do when you feel grumpy or stressed out or depressed?    

 




11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new washer!!!!
    Basic is best!
    Mine is too, and I love it.
    You are an awesome wife, mom, daughter, tutor, child care worker, and friend.
    Give yourself some grace. You can have a bad day or three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a new washer! Ours is a basic model as well and has held up very well. I don't think your alone in your feelings and I wonder if some of it is that we're about to hit the one year mark in the pandemic stuff. I mean really March is when things "got real" for lack of better adjectives. Mostly, I make myself go outside or I just give in eat too much and watch junky TV. Depends on the day. Yes, I agree with Billie Jo, give yourself some grace! Hope your Monday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. It's hard sometimes to change habits & make progress, and it can take a lot of trial & error. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for simplicity o appliances going forward. It sees whenever we go special, the life is shorter. I hope Rebecca had a good day at her event.-how exciting, but nervous to wait for results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, glad you found a new washer. I bought one and it is ok but I really don't love it at all. It has too many things that can go wrong with it when all I need is something to do the washing. I would love to have my old Maytag which had 3 water levels 3 temperatures and 3 wash options__cotton, perm. press and delicate. It was all controlled by single knobs with no computer board, and I miss it.
    Secondly, some days I have to look really hard for a single joyful thing, but there is always something. And somedays I don't even want to look for it, but I do, even if I am a grump while trying to find it.
    Good luck to Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new washer! I'm with Ann on wanting a non digital washer. We are also currently looking for a new washer, because I hate the digital that doesn't even add enough water to wash a load. We had the Amana brand before and it lasted us a good number of years, so you made a good choice.

    Hope Rebecca gets good news about her results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you got a washing machine! It is hard to not have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your washing is exactly the same model Tommy has and I have. We both like ours.

      Delete
  8. Washing machine for you- new stove for me if I ever get my act together. I'm not fussy except it has to be electric- no gas here- and I like a flattop for easy clean=up. Not much going on- with no stove I'm using the microwave to heat up soup I have previously frozen. Good thing is I'm not eating a lot! I've been craving some ice cream but I really wanted to wait the 2 weeks after my second Covid vaccine. I'm picking up GS today from HS and I know he will want to stop and get a Shamrock shake so maybe I'll splurge and get one too. It's kind of a tradition with us- shamrock shakes as soon as they are available at McDs. It's the only fast food except for travel that I get all year so you know they must be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between the weather and the pandemic, I think it's an uphill battle for all of us. There's a lot of grumpiness out here in the world. Just try to remember you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In this blog you also tell about you are on a family vacations and enjoy your days. I must share this one with my good frinds. Now it's time to avail jupiter florida airport for more information.

    ReplyDelete