Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Valentine's Weekend 2021

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope everyone survived their Monday. It seems like Mondays in the winter are the hardest for me to get through. Maybe that is because the weekends are usually good and I don't want them to end. 😂 

This past weekend was no exception. Being a holiday weekend always adds a little something extra to the feeling. After a crazy week of babysitting, we started our weekend on Friday afternoon with a nice walk in the snow. I NEEDED to get out of the house and since the temperature wasn't horribly cold (it was around 27 degrees) we took a walk on the bike path. We only went about a mile but that was in snow and I felt it in my lower calf muscles. The scenery though was beautiful! 








Then it was home where I ordered Dominoes pizza for dinner since I survived the long week! 



Saturday, Rebecca and I ran some errands, including to Big Lots where I was looking for a couple fake succulents for a mantle display I want to do. I also wanted to get an over the door coat hanger. I had a rewards coupon for $5 off a $15 purchase so that paid for the coat hanger and I got 3 fake succulents for a future project. When we got home, I decided to give the boys haircuts. They were LONG overdue. I was waiting to give Ben's head time to heal from his staples. 






Before dinner, I went to pick up a Valentine's Day treat that I ordered from a local businesswoman who sells baked goods out of her home. I am trying to support local as one of my unnamed goals for this year. The chocolate covered strawberries were a hit and were so gorgeous! (We were supposed to go have dinner with friends which is why there are so many, however their heat went out and they had some other issues going on so we couldn't get together with them.) 



Valentine's Day, I woke up to a chocolate candy bouquet from Bill. While I was showering, he fixed me breakfast, which was very sweet. We just hung out at home in the morning. 




After lunch, we decided to head out to Goodwill to drop off some donations and to take a peak to see what they had in store. Rebecca found 2 shirts, I got 2 shirts, a pair of pants for one of the boys, Bill found some Super Bowl magazines for his collection and the boys found some WWE wrestlers they didn't have. AND we got 50% off all the clothing so that saved us $10. 

Then we went over a park that is near Goodwill that has hiking paths. We walked almost a mile in the snow to the pond and back. It was neat seeing the animal tracks in the snow and across the frozen pond. We think we saw some coyote tracks among them, so that was neat to see.









 

When we got home the kids ate their Valentine's Day chocolate and Bill ended up going down to work on his area of the basement that he is trying to declutter and organize. 




The boys played on the Wii and I ended up napping on the couch. For dinner, I made the kids dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, lima beans and pineapple. Bill went and got us super yummy Mexican food from Fiesta Mexicana and we had date night at home while the kids watched TV.


Overall, it was a very nice Valentine's Day and a nice weekend. 
 

Yesterday, it snowed off and on all day. Thankfully the kids were already scheduled to have the day off since it was President's Day so that helped. Today the kids are off school again due to the ice and snow. They have to do remote learning though as they have already used all the allotted snow days. Rebecca and Jacob have online work to do and Benjamin has a paper packet to complete. So I need to get them started.

How was your Valentine's Day weekend? Did you get snow/ice/cold weather where you are?    

6 comments:

  1. Looks & sounds like you all had a great weekend. We just ran to the grocery store, went for a long drive, then stopped at DH's favorite restaurant for dinner and a drink (indoor dining is open in MI again).

    Mexican food is my favorite. We went to our favorite mexican restaurant last weekend. Your meal looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got ice! Quite a bit! Steve is trying to decide how to best handle it since the shovel and snowblower won't touch it! I enjoyed seeing how you all spent your weekend, Rachel. And the mexican food!!!! I want some right now! I love how you are supporting local business. We try to as well. ANd got strawberries too! Have a good Tuesday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Jane Wembli Josh and i live in the USA California and life is worth living right now for me and my family and all this is because of one man sent by GOD to help me and my family, i once had a life filled with sorrow because my first SON needed a kidney transplant and all our savings were going towards his medications and this normally leaves us with no money to pay our bills or even put enough food on our table and our rent was due and no funds to pay these bills and life felt so unfair to me and every night my wife will cry herself to sleep every night until one day, i was browsing through yahoo answers and i saw a striking advert of a man that gives out personal loans and that the offer is opened to all and i have heard so many things about internet scams but at this point of my life, i was very desperate and ready to take any risk and at the end of the day, i applied for this loan and from one step to another, i got my loan within 12 hours through bank transfer and you know, it was all like a dream and i called Rev. Fr. Kevin Doran A Man who is the GOD sent lender i found and said, i have received my loan and he smiled stating that to GOD be the glory and i was so shocked as i have never ever seen anyone with such a GOD fearing and kind heart and today, i am the happiest man on earth because by GOD’S grace, my SON kidney transplant was successful and today he is healthy, i and my family are living very comfortable and happy and if you are in my former situation or in serious and legitimate need of a loan, you can reach this GOD sent lender via consumerloanfirm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, "Jane", your wife's name is Josh? Where do you live in the USA California? How old is SON? I am so glad you happened to see an "advert" for a reverend-father who wants to lend you money just because, and all he wants is your bank account information! Wow! Where can I sign up?

      Delete
  4. Your post was good, all the snow walking, food, and chocolate. It never got up to freezing today. It snowed about 8 am and was completely gone by about 11 am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless You
    Value Pick Trading Software
    New invest 2021 Concept
    Forex News World
    https://tinyurl.com/kpsns28a

    ReplyDelete