Monday, February 15, 2021

My 6 goals for 2021: Week 7 of 52



Happy Monday everyone and Happy President's Day! Did you have a good weekend and Valentine's Day? I had a great weekend, including Valentine's Day (I am planning on recapping tomorrow or later today.) Today we are expecting the big winter storm with lots of snow. It was snowing this morning when I got up, but now it has stopped for the moment. The weather people are saying the worse snow will be tonight. We shall see. 

The kids don't have school today, however I need to take Rebecca over to her school for a tye-dyeing session for her Power of the Pen team. (Rebecca's tye dying session got cancelled early this morning).  I have several things to do on my to-do list, including cleaning, decluttering and putting laundry away, but before I get to those I wanted to get my goals update post up for the week. 

So my 6 goals for 2021 were: 

Lose weight. 

I plan on achieving this by making a monthly goal to help. January's goals are to limit myself to one pop a day and to exercise/ walk 4 times a week. Ideally I would like to walk, however it is January in Ohio so weather will be a factor. 

I honestly drank way too much pop last week and drinks with caffeine as I was getting through the week. I also didn't eat the best as I just grabbed easy stuff while I was babysitting. Going to regroup this week and move on.      

Declutter our house. 

It has become messy and full of stuff again. I am not sure how it got so full of stuff again. I am going to follow along with a 52 week decluttering challenge from "Snail Pace Transformations" blog. The author also has a Facebook page that is offering the challenge titled "Snail Pace Clutter Removers." 

I cleaned out my coat closet and donated 3 jackets and several pairs of gloves that the kids outgrew. I also cleaned up our pantry and organized it. It seems like the pantry is an ongoing process to keep it organized. I also sold 2 of our old kitchen chairs on Facebook Marketplace. I also posted and sold a new pair of boots that I got for Christmas from my mom that didn't fit. Yesterday we also loaded up the van with a donation to Goodwill that had been sitting in our hallway upstairs for more time than I want to admit. LOL 2 boxes and 4 trash bags out of the house.  






Menu Plan, follow it, and blog about it. 

This month I am doing a low spend challenge and am pledging to use up what we have in our big freezer so that I can defrost it. I also made up a monthly meal plan and will blog about it this week. I want to make this a weekly post.

I did okay with the goal this week. I continued with my food posting on Friday:  "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" where I post about what we have been eating. This past week was a good week. I didn't follow everything perfectly but I avoided food waste.  

Be more creative. 

I am wanting to do this for a stress relief more than anything. I got 2 sloth coloring books for Christmas and would like to get in the habit of coloring. I also would like to get back into painting a bit. This could also look like making new recipes in the kitchen, etc. 

Can't really say that I did anything in this category this past week.

Be Grateful.

I love Anne's postings of her daily joys that she was doing weekly on her blog "Cooking and All that Jazz." I have a dollar store planner that I plan on putting by my bed and each night recording at least 1 things each day that I am grateful for.

I have been pretty good about doing this. Some of the things I have been grateful for this week include spending time with babies, sending cranky babies back home in the afternoon, snow days, my husband who helped take Rebecca to school last week, etc. 

Show Grace. 

And finally, I have chosen a word for the year....GRACE.  I would like to offer grace to others and to myself. I find at times I have a temper and get annoyed at little things. I would like to take a step back, offer grace to others and move on. I have tried to put this into practice the last 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference in my mental state. 

I kept reminding myself that the most important priority last week was taking care of the baby that I was babysitting and that what could get done would get done and the rest could wait and it was not a big deal. Lots of grace given to myself last week. . 

So there you have it--the update on my goals.    

In other news, I am linking up with Rosie @ A Blog For My Mom and her "Just Because" link-up. I am trying to find some new blogs to add to my reading and love this idea! 


  

Did you make goals/resolutions/a list of to-dos for 2021? If so, how are you doing? Any blogs on your must read list that you think I might enjoy? 

Have a great Monday everyone! 





3 comments:

  1. I did "okay" this week as well. I gave myself a break, as it was my birthday one day, & Valentine's Day, and I tend to get a bit "lazy" as a result. It was nice, actually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your doing amazing. Winter is hard for the food goals and then, add in this crazy weather, got to give yourself a lot of grace there. I'm impressed with your declutter efforts, motivates me a bit. I did reorganize a small kitchen shelf yesterday (my husband worked and the weather was awful, so no exciting romantic holiday around here). Can't wait to hear about your Valentine's Day. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of decluttering to do! The kids have been putting lots of random things on the bookshelves and it's driving me nuts...

    ReplyDelete