Monday, February 1, 2021

Life lately...

Happy Monday and 1st day of February! I honestly did not mean to drop out of blogland for the last week, but life has a way of taking over ALL my time. I'm not going to beat myself up for not posting though as then I would not be giving myself grace and I am trying to work on that. 😉 

Let's see...I have been working on some decluttering when I get a chance. I have been working on smaller projects that take less time. The other day the kids had a snow day (due to ice, which was all cleared up by 9AM so not sure why they called off school) and I took the opportunity to clean out files and my desk area. I got a full shredder full of stuff that I shredded. Now everything is organized and clean. 







I have been taking kids to and from school, Rebecca had her wellness checkup and got a clean bill of health. I have been babysitting and tutoring. We bought 4 new to us kitchen chairs at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. 2 of our chairs were completely falling apart. We spent $80 for 4 nice quality chairs that are made the old fashioned way with screws and nuts and are not put together with glue and small nails like newer chairs that we have looked at. 



I also have spent working out with a friend at the Y. I went on Thursday and tried not to overdo it. However, Friday I woke up with sore legs. Bill, unexpectedly, got the day off so he and I went for a walk as the sun was out and it was nice. It was very cold too! It was just us, the cows and deer we saw on the trail. 



By the time we got home and I showered, I went to put my jeans on and felt a small pop in the inside top of my knee. By the time that I went and got Rebecca from school my right leg was very stiff. By Friday night it was slightly swollen and pain was radiating up my leg. Saturday morning it was more swollen so Bill took me to Urgent Care. There, after x-rays, they said they thought I had muscle tear, so they sent me home with a knee stabilizer, crutches and an order to call the orthopedic doc this week. I stayed on the recliner or couch ALL day Saturday and rested. Yesterday was much of the same...and it has been driving me nuts.  Yesterday I was able to put some weight on it as it didn't hurt as much. By this morning I was able to bend it and the pain was just a nagging ache. I told Bill I think they misdiagnosed it and that I was going to wait to call the ortho. I think that the knee stabilizer was the biggest help in that it made me keep my knee still. 


Today, the kids had a snow day as we got 6+ inches of snow yesterday and overnight. Today it didn't snow most of the day, but started up again about half an hour ago. The kids have been a big help... cleaning up for me, taking the trash out, etc. Jacob and Ben were able to write out their Valentine's for school as they have to be turned in by Friday so that they can sit for a week in quarantine before their class parties. Seems like overkill to me, but it is what it is. 

What's the weather like where you are? Getting snow? How's life going? 

9 comments:

  1. I don't mean to be a doom peddler, but my friend's knee popped, she went to the doctor the next day and had her leg amputated the next day. She had cancer. Okay, I am not an alarmist and have knee pops and pain. But, your story frightened me so.

    Now that you know how much the kids can do, you can add other chores to what they do. lol...don't tell them I suggested that.

    I know how hard it is to have three children and cannot get around. Bummer.

    70F here yesterday. Today cold wind and 38F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad about your friend's leg. I would love to have 38 degree weather. It was 20 degrees here today with real feel of 8. LOL

      Delete
  2. I wondered where you were! I've been busy myself and reading a lot- 7 books finished in January! It seems like I am always decluttering but I still have a lot of stuff. No snow here but cold for Florida- 45 now at 5:30 AM and supposed to go down to 39 around 9 AM and slowly up to to the mid 50s which is too cold for me. I doubt if I even open the door unless I get something delivered LOL. I do want to watch Groundhog Day- it's one of my favorite movies. Stay safe and warm! Is your mom doing OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nan. Yes my mom is doing well. She hasn't had any complications from her colon cancer surgery or from her recent kidney stones. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I hope your knee recovers! That sounds painful, glad you are feeling better. Glad your kids are helping you out with everything. Can I just confess that I'm a little jealous (not a lot, LOL) of all your snow? We're just getting cold, typical cold today but then over the weekend the bitter cold is supposed to come with a temp of something like 8 degrees on Sunday. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send some snow your way! LOL We are supposed to get some more on Thursday and then get the bitter cold this weekend too. Brrr. I am not looking forward to that.

      Delete
  4. Bless your heart!
    Take it easy and rest up.
    Your kids are awesome and will give you a hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a week-and please keep giving your self grace. Blogging should be fun-not a chore. I hope it was a muscle pull an dnot tear, but I guess if they are referring, maybe be safe to rule out a tear?

    ReplyDelete