Saturday, February 13, 2021

Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? on a Saturday!

Happy Friday Saturday everyone! This post is going up a day late as I just did not have a chance to do anything for it yesterday. I babysat everyday this week from 5:30 in the morning until about 3:15 in the afternoon. Then had normal afternoons of being a chauffeur to the kids, and tutoring and dinner making, and I would fall into bed exhausted around 8:30 each night. Add in snow days, delay days and  not much got done except for what had to be done. But I survived and I treated our family to Dominoes pizza last night for dinner as I didn't have the energy to cook after the week! LOL 

Enough about my crazy week though, let's talk about food! As I mentioned in my New Year's Goal post, I want to menu plan, stick to it and blog about it each week. Well, I thought about what day of the week to post these menu highlights. A lot of people post on Sunday or Monday as that is the days that their menus start. However, that really doesn't work for me. So, I have decided to post on Fridays. I am doing this because Thursdays are days that I try to go to the grocery store for the following week and it is when I really finalize my menu plan for the next week. Therefore, "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" came to mind.

I am going to be doing 2 things with these posts. First I will highlight what we ate the previous week, whether we followed the plan, etc. Then I will post what the plan is for the next week. If you feel inclined to follow along, please do. I get inspiration from blogs and postings online for new recipes to try, things to add to my menus, etc. So without further ado, let's get this Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? started. 

What did we eat these past two weeks? 

Friday 2-5-21: Frozen pizza and fruit

Saturday 2-6-21: Steak, baked potato, coleslaw, green beans and sliced tomatoes



Sunday 2-7-21: Super Bowl food-- chicken wings, chicken fries, mozzarella sticks, carrot chips, cucumbers, cheese ball and crackers, cherry tomatoes and dill dip, and onion rings




Monday 2-8-21: Baked pasta (from freezer) and garlic bread



Tuesday 2-9-21: Taco boats, corn, oranges



Wednesday 2-10-21: Chili (from freezer) and crackers



Thursday 2-11-21: Baked Denver omelet, hash browns, fruit, toast I decided to make filet of fish sandwiches and french fries in the air fryer as we had buns that needed used up and I didn't feel like making an egg dish after a LONG day.


 

What are we planning to eat this coming week?

Friday 2-12-21: Pizza and fruit

Saturday 2-13-21: Mississippi Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, green beans

Sunday 2-14-21: Valentine's Day so not sure what hubby and I will be eating or what we are feeding the kids. LOL 

Monday 2-15-21: White Chicken Chili in the crockpot (this is new recipe. We are supposed to get the winter storm with 6-12 inches of snow so this seems perfect to try.)

Tuesday 2-16-21: Pancakes, bacon and fruit

Wednesday 2-17-21: Macaroni and cheese and peas

Thursday 2-18-21: Baked Denver omelet, hash browns, fruit


What have you been eating or cooking lately? Share your menu ideas in the comments! What's the weather like where you are? Are you having anything special for Valentine's Day?  

4 comments:

  1. Nothing special for Valentine's Day. We had spaghetti and meatballs on Sat night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spaghetti and meatballs sounds really yummy!

      Delete
  2. I've never had the taco boats, but I think it would be a nice taco salad vessel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love the taco boats. I prefer the mini ones, but they make larger ones that are a little more messy to eat. LOL

      Delete