Thursday, February 18, 2021

Winter Walk = Good for my soul and a heavy heart today

Happy Thursday! 

Yesterday, I decided to take a little bit of "me" time. It was super cold out when I got up yesterday morning; when I left to take Rebecca to school my van said -2. I went to the grocery store yesterday and then decided to take a walk. The sun was out and it was just calling me to walk. When I left to go walk around 12:50 my van said it was 27 degrees.

I was going to go walk at Ariel park however the parking lots were not plowed so I decided to head back home. However, as I was passing the local softball fields park, I saw that their parking lots WERE plowed so I pulled in there. Not only was their parking lot plowed, but someone had plowed and shoveled the walking path sidewalk.



I never take time to walk there, however I will be taking more time as I really love the walk as it runs by the river. 




I was able to see several types of birds including a heron, geese, ducks, a cardinal, and others.






I ended up walking 2.25 miles.







As I was leaving I texted Bill this picture of me and he texted back that I was insane! LOL



It felt really good though and was a good thing for my soul. Have you done anything recently that has been good for your soul?

I am glad that I did this yesterday as today my heart is heavy. These last few days have been weighing heavy on my mind. The weather is crappy-- it is snowing, cold and grey again today. There is so much anger and hate in the world. Yesterday, Bill witnessed a young guy (he said he was around 19-20) cuss out an older gentleman (age 70ish) at the gas station all because the old guy asked the young kid to shut his truck off while he was pumping gas. Also yesterday, I helped a neighbor get their car unstuck in the snow and not only did I not get a thank you, but she acted ticked off when I told her I was NOT backing my van up the street so she could get out. (I asked her to go to the next driveway in our dead in street and pull in there so I could pass. The snow plow has made it so 1 car can go up or down our street at one time.) Rebecca confided in me that she thinks her best friend has an eating disorder. So I had to make that difficult call this morning to reach out to her friend's mom and trying to navigate that situation for and with Rebecca. I am praying for comfort for a fellow blogger whose husband passed away very unexpectedly Monday night. All of it just makes my heart heavy.   

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice winter hike! I walked around our yard for a bit yesterday afternoon as the phone said it was 21 degrees outside. Couldn't figure out why I was still so cold until I came inside and noticed the wind chill still said 12 degrees. Brrr! Work today but hoping to go on a real walk tomorrow :) Hope you have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took that time for yourself. YEs, simple courtesy can go a long way, and I'm sorry for the things your family have experienced in the not so kind. Good for Rebecca to notice her friend, talk to you, and you to be brave to reach out to her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE the picture of the three ?geese with their footprints in the snow - you should send that in for a photography prize; seriously.
    Heavy heart days are essential as otherwise we wouldn't cherish the happier days when we feel full of life - they are a sign to treat ourselves gently. xx Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite sure a walk in the snow is good for the soul. Wish I could walk in snow if we had snow...lol.

    ReplyDelete