Saturday, February 20, 2021

Random post about food, boots and pets

Happy Saturday. How about a bunch of randomness about food and boots and pets...

I tried a new cereal. I love Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. Well my mom texted me a picture of a new cereal that she saw at Walmart. I texted back that it looked good. Well she dropped off a box to me. LOL I tried some the other morning and while they are good, they are not the same as the actual Oatmeal Creme Pies. The kids will probably end up eating most of the box.
 


Our cats love to lay on our clothes... it doesn't matter if they are clean or dirty. Gronk especially loves to lay on Bill's pants...even if his pants are laid on our bed. Silly kitty. 



Speaking of the cats, they have gotten in to the bad habit of getting up on my nightstand around 5:45/6 in the morning and meowing for me to get up. Gus even has taken to sniffing my nose and batting my nose. They are stinkers. This photo was taken on Valentine's Day when I refused to get up. 




I love getting incentives in my email. I got an email from Panera for a free Salad and took advantage of it on Saturday as Rebecca and I were going to be right next door shopping. It was very yummy and the price of FREE was great too!


I broke down and ordered Bill and I new snow boots. I have been putting it off, but since this year seems to be a year of snow I had to. Thankfully I found some on Amazon for less than $40 each. We wore them on a hike and they kept our feet warm and dry so a win in our book. 


The kids and I have become obsessed with the treat Pocky! The boys love the chocolate dipped ones; Rebecca and I love the cookies and cream ones. 



I have also become obsessed with anise flavored pizzelle waffle cookies. They are so yummy and remind me of my grandma. 



Have I made you hungry yet? LOL Okay enough randomness for today. LOL 

Have you tried any new treats lately? Do your pets do silly things? Hope everyone has a good day!  

12 comments:

  1. I have not tried any new treats but I think I had rather eat a regular Little Debbie OCP for breakfast than the cereal!
    Good for you for getting the new boots. Dry feet are kind of critical in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thoroughly been enjoying the DRY, WARM feet inside my boots with all the snow we have had.

      Delete
  2. Years and years ago, my daughter went jigging off in front of us in Costco, and pulled a big box of Pocky off the shelf, and tossed it in the cart. She hadn't even started school yet--in fact the box was almost as big as she was, so I don't know how she knew what it was. I recall the kids liked it, but we haven't had it in the house since then.
    I have 6, yes, 6 cats. At about 2 a.m. every night, one of my old fellas decides he has to get up off of our bed, go to our bathroom where the food and water is and have a snack and a drink, then charge around our room a few times. The ritual finishes with a nice, long, loud stretch on the scratching post, and a clumsy jump/climb back up on our bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a recent find/treat for us. I don't know that it will be a must have in the house but we shall see. I did buy a couple different flavors that I found for us to have a taste test night one of these nights.

      Delete
  3. I don't like to eat sugary cereal for breakfast. But, for eating out of hand, I might like this cereal. Never had a pocky stick and suppose it is time I had one. See, you lead me to new sweets. As for cats, I am highly allergic and react like a snake is on me! No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would definitely be a good snacking cereal.

      Delete
  4. Yes! I am starving! LOL
    I always enjoy my visits here Rachel. It is like visiting with an old friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Billie Jo, even though I am tempting you with the sweets! LOL

      Delete
  5. Pizzelles are one of my favorite kinds of cookies! One of our family Christmas gifs is a box of Universal Yums, it's a box of snacks from a different country each month. Hooray for new boots! My kids weren't huge fans of the pocky sticks. My cat is like an alarm clock stuck on 6 AM even on the weekends, SIGH. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Universal Yums gift sound intriguing. We have a small candy store here in our town that tries to get in exotic candies... that is how we found the Pocky.

      Delete
  6. I love cats, but have a horrible allergy as does my youngest, but my pup decides when I need to get up some days! My daughter also likes the pocky and occasionally treat herself, but now that she's on a college budget, less so! I also love the Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream pies, but I think it has been years since I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how animals are our alarm clocks? LOL

      Delete