Friday, February 19, 2021

Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?



Happy Friday everyone! Thank you for the kind words on my post yesterday. My hubby surprised me with flowers yesterday when he came home from work. He said he knew that I had a bad day and he wanted to make me smile. I thanked him and then dropped the bombshell that our washer is broke AGAIN. I am such a great wife! LOL 

I am still feeling "off" today, not really able to focus on much of anything. In fact, I zoned in front of the TV for most of the morning watching the series "Sweet Magnolias" on Netflix. I just can't seem to focus. It is really hard to explain how I am feeling today. However, focus I must. I started dishes and now am going to do my foodie post before I have to go pick up kids from school. I hope everyone in staying warm! 

So now, let's talk about food! As I mentioned in my New Year's Goal post, I want to menu plan, stick to it and blog about it each week. Well, I thought about what day of the week to post these menu highlights. A lot of people post on Sunday or Monday as that is the days that their menus start. However, that really doesn't work for me. So, I have decided to post on Fridays. I am doing this because Thursdays are days that I try to go to the grocery store for the following week and it is when I really finalize my menu plan for the next week. Therefore, "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" came to mind.

I am going to be doing 2 things with these posts. First I will highlight what we ate the previous week, whether we followed the plan, etc. Then I will post what the plan is for the next week. If you feel inclined to follow along, please do. I get inspiration from blogs and postings online for new recipes to try, things to add to my menus, etc. So without further ado, let's get this Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? started. 

What did we eat these past two weeks? 

Friday 2-12-21: Pizza and fruit



Saturday 2-13-21: Mississippi Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, green beans



Sunday 2-14-21: Valentine's Day so not sure what hubby and I will be eating or what we are feeding the kids. LOL The kids had dinosaur chicken nuggets, lima beans, and pineapple. Bill and I had Mexican take-out. 


Monday 2-15-21: White Chicken Chili in the crockpot (this is new recipe. We are supposed to get the winter storm with 6-12 inches of snow so this seems perfect to try.) Honestly I was disappointed in this recipe... there was so much spicey heat that it was too spicy to eat. It also wasn't very creamy, so I will be continuing to be on the lookout for a different recipe. 



Tuesday 2-16-21: Pancakes, bacon and fruit



Wednesday 2-17-21: Macaroni and cheese and peas



Thursday 2-18-21: Baked Denver omelet, hash browns (which cooked in the air fryer were PERFECTION!), fruit-- we also had banana bread that my nephew and I made while he and my niece were here during their snow day. 

 

What are we planning to eat this coming week?

Friday 2-19-21: Cheese pizza and fruit

Saturday 2-20-21: BBQ pork sandwiches, cole slaw, chips

Sunday 2-21-21: Chicken pot pie turnovers and salad

Monday 2-22-21: ???    

Tuesday 2-23-21: ???

Wednesday 2-24-21: ???

Thursday 2-25-21: ???

I have no clue what to make next week. I am not feeling making out a menu and I just have no inspiration. The kids have a lot of things going on next week and I just don't know. 


What have you been eating or cooking lately? Share your menu ideas in the comments! Anyone have any good ideas for me to make next week? 

7 comments:

  1. I've been so out of motivation for planning that we're using a meal service. So, I am of no help! :-) It's been such a nice break, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your white bean chili was a disappointment-I too am looking for a five star version. Don't worry too much about not being in the mood-maybe Rebecca would like a hand in picking a few, or have everyone else right one or two suggestions , based on what you have in house, and do a random draw to fill in the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to think of some of the meals I made when I fed a family of five. I was lucky no one was real particular, especially my husband, and we always ate leftovers. The list: meat loaf with baked carrots and potatoes in the same pan; roast beef with same as meat loaf for sides and then I'd make barbequed beef sandwiches for next nights meal and serve with cole slaw and chips; chicken many ways including a whole one roasted; pork chops or pork with sourkraut and usually mashed potatoes; chili; sloppy joe- cheap meal- can add oatmeal to stretch it out on buns; spaghetti; weiner winks- hot dogs in bread and cheese toasted in oven; grilled cheese sandwiches; chicken noodle soup; vegetable beef soup; hamburgers and oven fries; chop suey; goulash with ground beef; mac/cheese; turkey or turkey breast- also good for sandwiches- homemade stuffing and mashed potatoes; homemade pizza- my crust recipe makes 3; lasagna- noodles and with zuchinni. I think these were probably the most popular. My husband ate lunch at work and the kids bought school lunches or made something them selves after first grade. We didn't have dessert often except for holidays but I made cookies a lot for when they got home from school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so sweet of your husband to bring flowers to cheer you up. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    I don't know what kind of food your family likes. If you like green bean casserole, add all the casserole ingredients + chicken (I normally use diced chicken breasts) to a slow cooker or instant pot & cook. Easy peasy. I serve mine with mashed potatoes and carrots on the side.

    If you have any kind of beef or steak, just add diced cubes or strips to slow cooker or instant pot, along with onions, peppers (any color will do) and a jar/can of gravy and season with salt & pepper. Add sides of you choice.

    I'm not planning on cooking this week. We have lots of pre-cooked (I love freezer cooking) meat (fajita chicken for all things mexican, homemade chicken patties, homemade BWW tenders, meat sauce for anything italian) in the freezer, so I'll just add veggie sides to it. I need to pick up pie crusts again so I can make mini meat pies to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have our family vote for dinners. A while ago we drew up a list of all the meals that are generally well-received: taco night, beef stew, etc. I made a master list in Google Docs as a survey, and I send it to all the family members once a week, they vote on which six meals they would like. The meals that get the most votes win! If somebody has a favorite that never wins, we make that on their birthday. :) The younger ones without email just come to my computer and vote. This last week we had crockpot beef stew, lentil soup and homemade bread, taco night, burgers, tuna patties. Next week is looking very similar! My crew can happily eat the same thing each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I missed part of your post on Thursday, I'm so sorry! Hope things are better now, how nice of your husband to bring you flowers. Not sure what white chicken chili recipe you used but when I made it, the recipe only called for 5 ingredients, I think? It was from the blog, Gimme Some Oven. Found a few recipes to try while I was decluttering my cookbook cabinet, stuffed peppers isn't new but it's on the list for next week here. Hope your weekend is going better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you need Assignment helper online, go to Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com and have your projects completed by qualified academic writers who will give you with high-quality, error-free work at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete