Thursday, February 4, 2021

Snow Days, Movies, New Recipe, and more

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful day so far. I have gotten the kids to school and have a few minutes before I am headed out to the grocery store. 

It has been cold and snowy this week which is perfect weather for staying in and watching some movies. Over the weekend we watched Togo as a family. It was a really good movie.



If you know the story of Balto then you know about the sled dog relay to carry medicine across Alaska to help a diphtheria outbreak. Well, I didn't know that there was a dog, Togo, who went much farther than any of the other dogs and we only know about Balto because he was the last dog in the relay. It was a really good movie. 

Monday the kid had a snow day from school and I was still nursing my sore leg so we just stayed in and rested, watched a few movies on Disney+. We love our Disney+ subscription-- honestly I think that I watch it more than the kids do. We ended up watching Moana, Aladdin, and the live-action The Lion King. In the evenings we have also been watching an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars which Benjamin has been loving. 

Tuesday we were able to get outside for a little bit. The kids had the day off again from school. They went out to play after I got "A" in the afternoon. They had fun even though it was freezing cold. 






Last night, I even made a new recipe for dinner that turned our really good. I made "Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes" for dinner.



They were super yummy and EVERYONE loved them. I did leave out the mushrooms as we are not mushroom fans here but oh my word they are so good! The kids and Bill have asked that I put them regularly in our menu rotation.  

Yesterday, thankfully the kids were able to go back to school. It was cold, BUT the sun was out! I worked on defrosting our freezer. Since it was 17 degrees outside I stuck the food out in the back of my van in baskets to wait for the freezer to defrost. Works for me. LOL I typically defrost it over the summer, however with COVID hitting and the food shortages last year I didn't. I decided to take a chance and do it now instead. I am glad to have it off my to do list. 




I used up a lot of the "lurkers" or food that had been in there for a while in January. Now I know exactly what is in there and what my needs are. One need is more chicken as I only have 1 bag of chicken in the freezer. 

Well, I should get off of here and go to the store. I hope everyone has a great day! 

Have you seen any movies lately that you would recommend? Tried any new recipes? 


12 comments:

  1. I gave us all Disney+ for Christmas and I think I also might watch it more than the kids! Haven't really seen any new movies though, still watching old ones. Your Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes look good to me. I made a chicken & spinach skillet dinner last night that I'll have to add into our rotation as every one liked it again (sometimes here the first time we make something they'll say it's good and then, not be fans the on the 2nd try). Hope you stay warm & have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been watching old ones too. Lately I have been on a musical kick so have been watching "Hamilton," Lion King, Moana, etc. Currently I have on one of the DisneyNature shows for my niece and nephew.
      I am intrigued by your chicken and spinach skillet dinner.... will you share the recipe, either here or on your blog?? Please :) Hope you stay warm this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I got the Disney+ package deal for us to watch Hamilton. I had planned on canceling it the next month, but now I get movie assignments from my granddaughter, so I watch them and then we talk about them. I guess I will keep it and I admit I really do like having Hulu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a sweet way to enjoy Disney+. We have Disney+, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. I watch Disney+ most of the time. The kids and Bill watch Netflix and Hulu (especially the live sports). I watch Prime every once in a while, but use our prime account for more music and shipping than the movies. LOL

      Delete
  3. We made a chicken yakisoba recipe that was easy & delicious (also had lots of veggies).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like easy and delicious recipes. Will you share the recipe either here or on your blog? :)

      Delete
  4. I have not seen a new Disney movie in ages. This station is something I would love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our Disney+ subscription. Togo was released in 2019 but we just watched it.

      Delete
  5. It's the middle of summer over here in Australia so seeing your snow is lovely!
    Looks like we have the same model upright freezer too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends that live in Australia and we often share photos! She likes to see the snow and I love to see the flowers and warm scenes when it is cold here. :) Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  6. My husband watched Togo a while back and enjoyed. Dogs, wildeness-he's happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone here liked it. I felt it had something for everyone. I enjoy movies like that :)

      Delete