Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Super Bowl thoughts and Babysitting

Happy Tuesday everyone! How has the start of your week been? 

Well, here I am tired! I am babysitting "A" and her baby brother "C" this week, as their dad has to do some training on first shift. That means I get them at 5:30 in the morning, which means I have to get up to shower by 4:50. Makes for some VERY early mornings. Right now, both kiddos went back to sleep and I don't have to get my kids up because they just called a snow day for them. We got about an inch of snow early this morning but I guess roads are very icy; even "A" and "C"'s dad who never complains about road conditions said that the roads are crap. I will have to warn Bill when he gets up to head to work. 

So what else has been going on? Well, 3 out of the 5 of us were happy about how the Super Bowl went. Ben was thrilled that "his" Buccaneers won and he was even more thrilled that Rob Gronkowski scored 2 touchdowns. LOL 



We enjoyed Super Bowl food on Sunday night while watching the game. I made Bill wings in the air fryer, and they turned out great. I also made the kids chicken fries, onion rings, and had a plate of a cheeseball (that we never used at Christmas), baby tomatoes, carrot chips and crackers, as well as tortilla chips and queso to munch on. I also made a batch of mozzarella sticks in the air fryer and they came out to perfection. 





I also want to say that I enjoyed the halftime show. It was so nice NOT to see barely dressed dancers with risque dance moves. I will admit the the beginning of the show was not great considering the instrumentals drowned out The Weeknd's voice. I thought, as a whole though, the half-time show was a nice change of pace and was well done even though critics apparently HATED the show. Oh and can I say that I loved The Weeknd's outfit-- seemed very old school, Michael Jacksonish to me. 


 

I will admit though that I went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter as I had to get up super early on Monday to get "A" and "C" so I did not watch the entire game. By then it would have been a miracle if the Chiefs would have come back to win.  

Yesterday, I felt like I was in the van all day long. Thankfully, Bill is taking Rebecca to school for me this week so that I don't have to take all the kids out in the cold. But this is kind of how my day went yesterday.... wake up at 4:45, shower, get "A" and "C" at 5:30, change diaper at 6, wake Rebecca up at 6:15, get Bill up, sent Rebecca and Bill of to school, Bill comes back home and goes back to bed, get the boys up, "S" shows up, Bill gets back up off to work, take the boys and "S" to school, back home, feed "C" and "A," take "A" to school, back home, feed "C," pick Rebecca up from school, back home, "C" is picked up, pick up Ben from school, back home and help Ben with homework, pick up Jacob from his afterschool club, back home, throw dinner in the oven to cook while I tutor "D", call "D" mom to pick him up early as he is not feeling well. Bill comes home. We eat dinner. I clean up kitchen and then go read in bed. It was a very busy day. 

It has been a while since we've had a baby in the house. And apologies to "C," as he gets to hang out in a pink seat this week, even though he probably would prefer blue. LOL 

Today will be a different as I "hopefully" will not have to go anywhere since the kids don't have school. They can keep "A" busy and I can focus on figuring out "C"s schedule. I don't have any extra things, like tutoring either. For now though, I think I am going to sign off of here and go read some blogs before they kiddos wake back up. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

Anyone have any great plans for today? Did you watch the Super Bowl? What did you think of it?   

3 comments:

  1. Oh my your day was filled with constantly moving parts!
    I liked the game, though I would have been fine with KC winning also. I was glad Gronk scored also. I felt like it was the old men playing against the young guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting a cold/snowy snap and our roads are also bad right now. Hoping it clears a little this afternoon so I can pick up a few things at the grocery store before we get more snow this weekend. You know I watched the game (sort of, so much for not watching being lucky SIGH, congrats to Tampa, glad your son was so happy). Glad to see someone else liked the halftime show. We liked it as well. Funny my husband mentioned Michael Jackson as well but in reference to his voice (the kids & I didn't think so but yes, the outfit is remininscent). Have a great Tuesday, hope you stay safe & warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Someone else who liked the halftime show!!!! We loved it! So much better than last year! Your food looks delicious! Tell your son I am a huge Gronk fan too!!!! Have a cozy evening, my friend!

    ReplyDelete