Friday, February 5, 2021

Foodie Friday: What Are We Eating Around Here? (2 weeks worth)

Happy Friday everyone! This post is a little later going on up than I had planned as the kids had a 2 hour delay for school due to ice on the roads. Last night we got some unexpected snow and ice and that caused some issues on the roads this morning. 


It is super duper cold here today and slightly windy which makes it that bone chilling cold. The kids asked to play outside last night after they did their homework and while they were playing the wind picked up and it was a bone-chilling cold. The kids had fun though playing in the snow; the boys even dragged Rebecca out to play. 




I am actually sitting here under a blanket as I type this up as I am cold. I have my niece and nephew today as they do not have school, as their district called a snow day. My mom called me at 7:30 to see if I could watch them so that my dad could go to work. Thankfully, Bill has today off from his main job so that he could help take Rebecca and the boys to school for me. I will have to go pick them up later.  

Enough about the weather though, let's talk about food! As I mentioned in my New Year's Goal post, I want to menu plan, stick to it and blog about it each week. Well, I thought about what day of the week to post these menu highlights. A lot of people post on Sunday or Monday as that is the days that their menus start. However, that really doesn't work for me. So, I have decided to post on Fridays. I am doing this because Thursdays are days that I try to go to the grocery store for the following week and it is when I really finalize my menu plan for the next week. Therefore, "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" came to mind.

I am going to be doing 2 things with these posts. First I will highlight what we ate the previous week, whether we followed the plan, etc. Then I will post what the plan is for the next week. If you feel inclined to follow along, please do. I get inspiration from blogs and postings online for new recipes to try, things to add to my menus, etc. So without further ado, let's get this Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? started. 

What did we eat these past two weeks? 

Friday 1-22-21: Frozen pizza and fruit 

Saturday 1-23-21: Stuffed shells and salad




Sunday 1-24-21: Chicken pot pie turnovers and salad and fruit (this was a new recipe that can be found here. I will making these again soon as they were super yummy!)



 

Monday 1-25-21: Taco boats, corn, oranges


 

Tuesday 1-26-21: Hamburger helper stroganoff and peas for Bill and the kids. I had a bagel and cream cheese. 




Wednesday 1-27-21: Chicken Noodle Soup and crackers



Thursday 1-28-21: Smoked Sausage, Macaroni and Cheese, green beans


Friday 1-29-21: Pizza grilled cheese, chips and fruit



Saturday 1-30-21: Chicken nuggets and veggies for the kids, date night for Bill and I-- We used a coupon for DoorDash and ordered Jersey Mike's subs. 

Sunday 1-31-21: Meatball subs and mixed veggies. (Bill cooked as I still was trying to stay off my knee.)


Monday 2-1-21: Fiesta chicken and rice



Tuesday 2-2-21: Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes, corn and oranges. This was another new recipe that was a hit. You can find the recipe here. I will definitely be making it again! 



Wednesday 2-3-21: No peek pork chops with rice, broccoli, and applesauce



Thursday 2-4-21: Crockpot chicken tater tot casserole and green beans 



What are we planning to eat this coming week?

Friday 2-5-21: Frozen pizza and fruit 

Saturday 2-6-21: Steak, baked potato, coleslaw, green beans

Sunday 2-7-21: Super Bowl food-- chicken wings, chicken fries, mozzarella sticks, carrot chips, cucumbers, etc.


  

Monday 2-8-21: Baked pasta (from freezer) and garlic bread

Tuesday 2-9-21: Taco boats, corn, oranges

Wednesday 2-10-21: Chili (from freezer) and crackers

Thursday 2-11-21: Baked Denver omelet, hash browns, fruit, toast

What have you been eating or cooking lately? Share your menu ideas in the comments! What's the weather like where you are? Eating anything fun for the Super Bowl? 

4 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious. We are doubling up on two meal services in February (two great offers happened at the same time), so there is almost no menu planning, other than selecting recipes! We're having:
    Tex Mex Turkey Bowls
    Takeout Greek food - birthday dinner
    Beef Bulgogi Bowls
    Pork & Poblano Tacos
    Sheet pan pork sausage & pepper sandwiches
    Korean style beef bowls
    Sesame sambal turkey lettuce cups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those all sound yummy! I really want some Greek food but my kids don't like it and our Greek restaurant closed a couple years ago.

      Delete
  2. nice menu-a great mix of kid friendly and adult friendly! I'm doing more meal planning as well. Last night I switched form making ground beef enchiladas to a found recipe with all the same ingredients for enchilada casserole that was so much less putzy than rolling each tortilla after dipping in sauce-and it was so delicious. I'll make it again and think I'll try chicken based on so many recommendations. i clicked the ink to the chicken pot pie turnovers as that seems like it would be a hit for my husband and daughter when she comes home, and I could send a few back with her. Did your family like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The entire family LOVED the potpie turnovers. I will definitely be adding them to the menu plan in the near future (maybe next week!).

      Delete