Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Pork Fried Rice (new recipe #4 of 2018)

Happy Tuesday everyone!  :) 

Today I wanted to share with you the pork fried rice recipe that I made last Sunday night. 


This came about because I found a pound of ground pork in my freezer that needed to be used up. I am not sure why I had bought it, but it needed to be used up. So I was looking online for some recipes and I didn't want dumplings or sausage, etc. So when I came upon this recipe for pork fried rice I decided to give it a try. I shared it on my Facebook page and my hubby liked it, which means he really wanted me to try it. 

So I decided to try it out for dinner. It was pretty easy to assemble. 


I pretty much followed the recipe, except that I added twice the amount of meat. Also I added ground ginger and did not add scallions since I didn't have any.


I served it with a side of pineapple chunks and a fortune cookie. 


So the verdict? Well Bill, Rebecca and I loved it. Jacob said it was pretty good. Ben didn't like it because he is not a huge fan of rice. In fact, Rebecca said that "I had to make this again!" I would take that to mean that she really loved it! I think that when I make it again, and I will make it again,  I would add more egg to it but do everything else the same. 

Anyone else trying new recipes? Care to share?

Other new recipes in 2018 that I have tried: 

4 comments:

  1. Glad your rice was such a success! I need to try a few more new recipes. The pork chop recipe I tried adapting to the crock pot last week was not a success unfortunately. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news here but it's only Tuesday (checked my calendar several times, LOL!). Hope you have a wonderful day and the weekend will get here, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean for catching that mistake for me. I fixed it :) Can you tell I am ready for the weekend? LOL

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious!
    We love recipes like this.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! Let me know if you try it! :)

      Delete