Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Zucchini and Sweet Potato Hash (new recipe #3 of 2018)

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is another snow day for the kids from school, as we got dumped on yesterday. The forecast yesterday was for about an inch of snow; well we ended up getting 5-6 inches and it snowed ALL day long. Road crews couldn't keep up and the roads are still nasty and snow covered so they cancelled school. We are now at 5 days off in a row (including the weekend). Craziness I tell you.

But all has not been lost. This time at home and in the house has allowed me to find some new recipes and pin some on Facebook to try in the future).In fact, I am having so much fun in the kitchen these days. I don't know if it is because I am still in that "new diet" phase so am loving what I am trying to do. Or if I just am excited to be trying new recipes. I don't know; but I do know that I am having fun. This is great as one of my goals for 2018 was to try 24 new recipes...so today I would love to share with you the 3rd one that I have tried. 

Since I am trying to lose weight, I am trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet. A couple of weeks ago, I came across this recipe from Good Cheap Eats for a zucchini and sweet potato hash. This looked perfect to try.


Still in the pan


So when I was at Kroger, I picked up a small sweet potato and a small zucchini, because I knew that I would be the only one who would eat this (and I was right; no one else even wanted to try it! LOL). I already had the onion and olive oil at home. I didn't buy any mushrooms as I do not like the taste of mushrooms. 


On Sunday when Rebecca and I got back home from church, I set out to make me a late breakfast/early lunch. I fried up a couple of eggs and made the hash. It was very simple to make and smelled good. 



My brunch plate from Sunday

My verdict: It was pretty good. I discovered that I love the taste of sweet potatoes when they are sauteed with the onions and olive oil. The jury is still out on the zucchini. I am not a huge fan of squash. However, I also heated up leftovers of the has in the microwave on Monday morning and this morning to go along with my eggs and I thought it tasted even better on days 2 and 3. 


So I would definitely recommend this if you are trying to get more veggies into your diet! I know that I will be making it again! 



Anyone else trying new recipes? Care to share?

Other new recipes in 2018 that I have tried: 


No comments:

Post a Comment